Argos prime to take over toronto?

Argofever you are looking at it the wrong way.
Every team starts the season with 0 wins. You have to win to make the playoffs. If in Oct. at the end of the season you miss the playoffs because you are 1 game out, It's because of the game in May where you blew a 5 run lead in the 9th inning. Every game counts!!!!

Sure there are teams that out out of contention in Aug. but thats because they lost too many games. This way the winners make the playoffs and not a 16th place loser.

i got to a ton of argos games, and the louder the better =P

ARGOS FTW!

have there ever been a time when the 16th place loser has won? it’s untra rare, even in 1981, when 7th place Ottawa played the 1st placed EE, they losted.

Playoffs need to be copetitive.

i think YOU are lookin at it the wrong way…a season so long means meaningless games to more than 1/5 of the teams after only 1/3 of the season…cuz they have no chance at the playoffs after 1/2 of the season.

leaving the only meaningful games are games involving the yankees, the redsox, the braves, and a couple others.

if your in a division with 2 powerhouses, and u are still a good team with a record well over .500, it means nothing cuz u arent gonna make the playoffs anyways…

and with 1/5 of the teams not making the playoffs, thats a large portion of baseball fans that stop caring after thier team hasnt made the post-season in 10+ years…thats why baseballs popularity is so low in cities other than new york, boston and atlanta…for every 4 years u make the playoffs, theres gonna be a long 10-15 year stretch without.

im not saying that 25 outta 30 teams should make it…but more than the current number…

right on!

it's like the Titantic, most of the passangers with of the thrid class and got locked up below the ship when she was sinking whille the frist class passengers were allowed to get into the life boats frist.

the playoffs should be hard, but you got let some of the other teams have a chance, and make it out to be even more copetive than the regular season.

Kanga
to my knowledge no 16th place team has ever won it all so the bottom line is what is the point of being in the playoffs in the first place.

DG
No one is eliminated after 1/3 of the season and obvisouly the fans don't feel the same because attendances DO NOT drop off as the season progresses. OK, you said there should be more teams in the playoffs. How many? Based on your logic there will always be meaningless games so at what point do we stop letting teams into the playoff? Do do do like hockey where the 16th place team is in but really has no chance to win??

This way the winner in each division = 1 more from each league makes it and that it.

By the way I hear next year the NHL is going to change the system to allow 20 teams into the playoffs instead of 16

Kanga
The Titanic has nothing to do with nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!

why do u think the expos dont exist any more?...maybe cuz they hadn't made the post season in so many years, the fans stopped caring....the one year it looked like they had a chance, the league went on strike and that was the final straw.

the jays havent made it in 13 years, and they get dismal crowds now...if they dont make it this year, after all this hype, the will be moved after 4 more years.

i'd like to see 2 more teams in each league make the MLB playoffs. top seeds get first round bys.

Nope!
The expos don't exist because of the lousy stadium in a lousy location(i always liked it, I'm in walking distance) and lousy owners

You cant add just 2 teams you need to add 4 or 8 in each division to keep everyone playing. You cant have a Bi in baseball. You can but I think it would put that team in a disadvantage

ok....its all the stadiums fault...nothing to do with missin the playoffs for many many years....sure.

I guess you would know being 500 km away

considering your in a province that DOESNT EVEN HAVE A MLB TEAM, your not one to talk about how added playoff teams wouldn't help MLB's popularity in current MLB cities.

comming from a guy who has said he doesnt like baseball I guess you would know

…well, I suppose based on that logic, no one outside of Ontario gets an opinion on that one…

i USED to like baseball....the playoff situation is the reason i've lost interest.....so i would know....i went to a game last season....one more game then u went to last year.

there used to be alot of baseball being played around here, and i took part in many games...now its been replaced with basketball.

based on his logic, people outside of quebec dont get an opinion on anything that happens in quebec…im simply using his shotty logic in my arguement.

All he was saying, I believe, is that he has a more accurate perspective of the demise of the team, since he is a former supporter.

so for him to say that because im 500Km from Quebec, i wouldnt know, yet hes 500K from canadas only MLB team and, again, he knows??...cant have it both ways.

its not like newspapers here didnt cover the demise of the expos....i read similar news articles.

ALL HAIL!!!!
The expert went to a baseball game.

I am a Montrealer. I have lived in Montreal all my life I have been going to Expos games prob since before you were born(Prob) I know its because of the lousy stadium and the lousy location! Why because I live here and I have heard for years from people who stopped going to games because it was a PITA to get to the stadium. Why was there a push to get a new stadium downtown????????? It is certainly not because the expos didn't make the playoffs?

Now! How does the fact that Toronto has a team and Montreal has not had one for 1 year give you any insider information that a Montrealer would not have? MMMMMMM?

Oh yes I know! You are losing another argument so you start your ritual skating again

i've read plenty of arguements as to why the expos moved, and im sure the stadium is as much the reason as the fact they missed the playoffs for many many years, and became somewhat of a farm system to the rest of the league....if your gonna say that it has nothing to do with a lack of post-season action, and selling off thier best players, and has all to do with the stadium, then you are hopelessly mistaken.

the fact that i went to one game last season, which is one more than u went to was only meant to show u how ludicris your arguement was, that i know know nothing about the expos demise just cuz im not from quebec.

and if you were going to expos games b4 1982, i doubt you were old enough to remember any of them anyways.

and to say i've lost this arguement is a joke, considering your the only one whos posted so far, that believes MLB shouldnt add more teams to the playoff picture.

Skate skate skate!
The fans didn't not go to game so the team had no money to pay for quality players so they became a farm team!
Sorry but reading about it is not the same as actually being here! I have heard people say first hand why they don't go to game. You have read the writers interpretation as to why people don't go!

BTW I went to Expos games in 1969 when they first joined the league and I was 8 years old!
I remember 1982 quite well!!!!