Argos Opened the upper deck partially

I don’t think they can close it now, since they’ve already sold plenty of tickets there.

Its great news,was one guy that posted said they closed again,he was guessing to fix pricing error?

Dirty Damien Cox wrote in his column that we have to break 20000 to call success. Yep he is preparing a hit piece if we dont

I saw 25k posted but not official from Team

Ahh I heard that too, but they re-opened to tickets just a few hours after they closed it, I believe.

Ticketmaster is currently showing plenty of seats for sale in that upper deck right now.

https://www.ticketmaster.ca/2021-cfl-eastern-final-toronto-argonauts-toronto-ontario-12-05-2021/event/10005B69E3A829AA

1 Like

It doesn’t look like 25k sold to me, but 20k is a definite possibility.

1 Like

Pinball was on the Fan 590 on Thursday and said they sold over 20K. So hopefully sales continue to go well and it can get in the 22-23K range

2 Likes

Yup , 20 k seems about right

19,988 Ti-Cat fans and the usual 12 Anchor fans .

and ambrosie is one of those 12.

3 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
:rowing_man: :sailboat:
:crying_cat_face:

Sure do hope you have some good bailing buckets at the ready . :anchor: :laughing:

Naturally.

I’m amazed that “Argo” was available as an avatar. Based on what I read below I guess that the other 12 Argo fans didn’t think to snag it.

My email that I have had for many years, has Argofan1 in it. My Jeep has beautiful ball and orrs on both sides.

I am as big a CFL fan as there is, I rarely have come here over years, there are better forums, the fact that not many here is no reflection of Argos or CFL. Many fans just not into forums. Not to mention this CFL forum was hijacked some years ago by small group of fans that made this their personal forum 24 7 365. They spoke about their personal lives, moderated themselves and if you mentioned a player they did not like, you were run out on a rail. Yes it happened to me.

At time I wrote letter to CFL head office letting them know what was going on, believe it or not had back and forth with someone, and they spoke of making changes, this would have been 10 years or more ago, take or leave a year. So don’t believe it reflects Argo or CFL fans. My Brother a long time CFL fan was banned for making a clean joke that went over heads, I myself over years was banned, in my case it was because was big fan of Michael Bishop. That was all included in my correspondence with CFL.

1 Like

I liked Michael Bishop as well. Trading for Kerry Joseph was the cause of the demise imo.

Also echo your comments related to the forum. I am seeing a more proactive moderator group this time round.

Interesting. I am a relative newbie to this site but have heard about some of the problems which you relate. I have seen some of the hijacking’s you refer to as well. I can never figure out why, as anyone that regularly visits this site is obviously a big CFL fan and there is of course no reason to denigrate someone just because they have a different opinion. Those people could benefit from repeating Grade 3.

In any event, welcome back. I also remember Bishop from the short time he spent in Winnipeg near the end of his career. Didn’t get much done and didn’t have much to work with either. But I remember the absolute rocket of an arm he had. On par with the all time best arms such as Dieter Brock and Dan Pastorini.

1 Like

I started following Michael Bishop when I saw him play for Kansas State against Donovan McNabb in the 97 Fiesta Bowl. We were there and that was my Christmas gift. Have followed K-State ever since. Many K-State players have come through the CFL. Brandon Banks is one of them right now.

2 Likes

Why open the upper deck, they get 12 fans average for each game and 7 are corporate ticket buys

1 Like

Hard to say the tv deal is undervalued given TSN, ESPN, and BT Sports minimum all showing games. Appears the only TV money split amongst the teams is the TSN deal.

That said, if they could increase the money going to teams from the TV deals the teams could afford to drop the price of the tickets for fans attending games.

Only what has been happening lately is any increased revenue for teams is going first to the presidents and managers while the players continue to get beat down.

I have no doubt that BMO can sell out at the right price point. $86 for upper deck should be $20. From those $20 seats, season tickets will come. Happened everywhere.

CFL has a backward approach to marketing where the target market has become an afterthought behind other organizational objectives. We can see how well that is working.

2 Likes

I have said it many times… The cfl is marketing the game to 55year old or older white males… THAT IS NOT the makeup of any city in Canada …Least of all any city that is struggling to put bums in the seats

2 Likes

They may not be at the Stadium
but
They are watching on TV and fans of the game

33K in WPG in -20 degree weather in December during a pandemic
22K in TOR
Not all are over 55 yr old males

1 Like