Argos looking good!

Anyone been over to the Argos camp? They look great this year!
They are predicting TWELVE WINS this season! We should be scared:

[url=http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/football/2009/06/08/9709046-sun.html]http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/footbal ... 6-sun.html[/url] [url=http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/football/2009/06/08/9709041-sun.html]http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/footbal ... 1-sun.html[/url]

With Zeke Moreno, Rob Murphy, Jordan Younger, Kevin Eiben they should be hard to beat.
This new coach looks like he know what he's doing.

What do you guys think?

Everybody looks good at this time of year.

I'm a huge Argos fan. I SERIOUSLY doubt they are going to win 12 games this year. It would be nice, but I just can't see it happening. My guess is they will win between 7 and 9 games this year.

jaybird.. no offence but what kind of feedback about the blue team do you honestly expect on the TiCat site.

Just a thought.

A HUGE Argos fan? How Huge are you? 400 pounds? or more?

I think this was a "tongue in the cheek" posting. I got the joke straight away.

HAHAHA! Maybe he is that fat blue team fan with the helmet and flag I have seen over the years. :slight_smile:

The blue team will never look good to me!!!

Can we please stop using the "A" word? Children look in on this site too.

:thup: :rockin: :thup: :rockin: :thup:

It would nice to see close game vs Argos as long as we win
But the Argos and Bombers are in Heep of Trouble

I won't say what I think of the blue team because (as mentioned) children view this site :wink: , but I will say that they have a coach with zero CFL experience, a QB who cannot perform if there is any threat of a "controversy" and has to be crowned as the starter without a doubt even before camp starts. They've made some good signings and trades, but a team that looks good on paper does not always do well. We had a season a few years back that looked as if we should have been unbeatable based on who we signed and we all remember how that turned out. They have an aging defense. I'm not counting them out, but nobody knows how good anyone is going to be until we seem them on the field and they do still have a few question marks.

borehamgirl, I agree with most of what you wrote, but I don't see how the Argos have an aging defence. They did a year ago, but a lot of veterans are no longer with the team. As for Andrus, he is smart enough to take advise regarding the CFL game, he will not struggle with the new rules. How KJ reacted to the controversy last year has no bearing whatsover on 2009.

they've cut a lot of that aging defence - O'Shea, Steinauer, Fletcher - and its a new coach, new scheme, new players. I'm not trying to predict 8 or 10 or 12 wins this year, but the blue team is even more of an unknown than other teams this year. They could surprise a lot of people, or they could flop. Noone knows, but I'm excited to find out.

Perhaps you're right about the aging defense, I must admit I don't follow the blue team's cuts very closely, but it will still be a ? based on bringing in new guys. I'm not suggesting that KJ's reaction last year will have any bearing, what I'm saying is that THIS year the coach had to come out before camp even started and say he was the guy. I just hope that nobody can challenge him for that spot or you may have another meltdown on your hands. Not knocking KJ as a person, because we met him at the QB challenge and he was very nice and hilarious. I just don't get why the coach felt it necessary to come out and crown him at this point. Perhaps it was just to generate some press prior to camp. Who knows.

To be honest there are only 3 teams in the CFL this year that are NOT a question mark. Those 3 are Calgary, BC and Montreal. Every other team in my opinion is a big ?.

"Argo Dave" will come looking for you. :stuck_out_tongue:

"Argo Dave" will come looking for you. :stuck_out_tongue:

B.C. lost a lot of talent this past off-season and Montreal is one hit away from unproven QB land.

Look at the Argos qb depth chart...there is NO ONE to challenge KJ for #1!!! :frowning: