Argos in a very tough spot right now

Yes nit MLSE Runs it without Toronto FC It a Empty Stadium
Only the grant was given was cause of the soccer Team.

english please.

fine without the Soccer Team there is no BMO Field
so in a way BMO is run by MLSE
They are the anchor tenant Much like Cats are THF.
without them there is no money no stadium ect ect
They are the Tail that wags the dog when comes to Sports in Toronto .

woah woah woah. stop right there. MLSE doesn’t own BMO. they simply manage it for the city who owns it. The city council can vote to force the argos to be allowed to use BMO and there is nothing TFC can do about it providing it is publicly funding if MLSE doesn’t want to go ahead with their own renovations which will start next week

no way is BMO too small. it currently has 22 500 seats only 1500 less than THF and they’re expanding it to 30 000. it way more than enough seats. scarcity is what the argos need to drive up that demand and create intimacy.

the grant was given because of the 2007 U20 world cup, not TFC.

The thing that worries me about BMO now is that the city is allowing MLSE to go ahead and do the renovations they need to do to bring it up to a seating capacity of 30,000 for soccer in a configuration that will not fit a CFL football field. Once that renovation is done who will then pay for the part that eliminates the current fixed north and south stands to make room for a CFL Field. What if at that point after having their 30,000 seats for soccer MLSE says - we now don't have the money available at this time to do the renovations needed to fit a CFL field.

Then what?

I doubt the above will happen but given the recent (terrible luck) history the Argos have had with stadiums (BMO, UoT, York, SkyDome), I won’t believe it until it’s done.

On the flip side… the luck of the Argos has been sooooo bad for sooooo long, something good has to happen.
Doesn’t it???

Love the optimism that would actually fill the stadium for a Toronto No-Names game… :lol:

According to Yahoo Sports, a lot of the financial and operational problems with the blue team is stemming from Braley's missing wallet....

[url=https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/cfl-55-yard-line/will-reports-of-david-braley-s-penny-pinching-ways-in-toronto-force-action--or-are-the-argos-in-limbo-201204352.html]https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/cfl-5 ... 04352.html[/url]

Of course. He’s doing the bare minimum to keep the team afloat. And, while we have to be grateful that he’s doing that, I sure wish he said sold the team (for $8M or whatever was offered) when he had the chance.

BCE (Bell) must be cringing at the agreement they made with Rogers to vote together within MLSE. Rogers is going to shoot BCE in the foot and kill the Argos indirectly - wounding the CFL/TSN. Shame.

Yes sir,

Creating intimacy and a demand for the game is what helped the Allouettes survive. They were a dying franchise when they played at the big O, when they moved to Percival stadium, it was the hottest ticket in town.

I’m willing to bet that THF, will do the same for the Ticats!

The people of Toronto need to care more as well. That above all will make them a viable attractive financial entity.

You “woah” yourself, whatever “woah” means. Perhaps you meant “whoa”? Okay, “owns” is the wrong word, but they (meaning TFC) are the flagship tenant and (MLSE) manages it for the city. They are also planning to do renovations to add more seats. I read that they were going to make moveable endzone seats so they could be moved out for football and moved in for soccer. Has that plan changed again? Everyone agrees that BMO would be the best place for the Agros, short of building their own stadium. Since the rage in Toronto these days is NFL, I doubt they would build a 25-30K seat stadium for the Argos while wanting to build an 80K seat stadium for the Bills or another NFL team.

no need to get personal, i was simply pointing out a critical mistake in your post.

this is the word “woah” i was refferring to as is commonly used in informal conversations and internet contexts.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/woah

im sure you knew what I meant but were just busting my chops

cheers

As McCowan reported back in July, MLSE has turned down the Argos. $10 Million just too steep and they would have to renovate BMO

MLSE will not buy Argos and move them to BMO. Asking price was 10 million+ percentage of future Grey Cup revenue. Deal is dead.
[url=https://twitter.com/FadooBobcat/status/483745485224947712]https://twitter.com/FadooBobcat/status/ ... 5224947712[/url]

The Argos arent worth 10 mil. Why would anyone pay it? Oh right, cause MLSE/Rogers/BCE can afford it.

I agree with Grover, I think that David Braley has done a good job of ownership in the CFL and stepping in to buy the Argo's when No one else would, still with hosting the Grey Cups in both BC and Toronto and this year BC again you would hope he has made some money.

At last report from the media in speaking with Braley the Lions are reportedly worth somewhere around $40 million and I could see that but Toronto would be lucky if the team went for $20 million, I don't think it's even worth that probably much less and I'm sure if Braley is really interested he'll make money on BC but lose on Toronto to sell?

I saw that episode and it was the “future Grey Cup revenue” that pissed/scared off MLSE - based on what McCowan said.

No one is paying that. Period.

I think he’s worried that if he sells the Argos for a song, it will hurt the sale price for the Lions. And, he’s probably right.

so why not just sell the lions first? Do it after he gets his money from this grey cup, maybe thats what he will do