ARGOS, have the WORST CFL...sched....

WOW, thanks for an objective view…and part of that means flying to Vancouver [to play one of the CFL best teams] and then flying back to Montreal [to play one of the CFL’S best teams]…Canada is a big country…with lots of time zones…I wouldn’t want to do it.

long flights and 5 to 4 days rest between games can take it toll on any team…this article just happened to be about the ARGOS…but it could have been about any team. :wink:

BUT I think the ARGOS can handle it… :wink:

Red,
you are most likly right, But how much money will your new owner loose this year to have a few more wins then the Bombers.

Things that make you go hum.......

WinnerPegger, I'm an Alouettes fan, not a Stamps. And while you may be right or not that Calgary won't make the playoffs (three teams won't), I plead as a certainty that the Blue Bombers ARE the worst formation of the whole league, including the other two teams who won't make the playoffs, along with you.

That's something almost everyone agreed on last winter following the free agents signing. You guys didn't listen. You were all happy to see your QBs do good in training camp, but let's not forget they were playing against other Bombers players and body fillers (guys who come to training camp without a real chance of making a team).

And I don't say any of that because I hate the Bombers. Really, I don't mind at all about how you guys do. The only Bomber I hated was Dave Ritchie and he's gone. I dislike Edmonton and Toronto, but the other teams are not on my black list. I think I'm being objective when I say your team is endangered.

.......with over 34,000 people at our home opener and more of the same to come there's no money lost here........you gotta remember the stampeders of the last three years were spending the lowest amount on players, and federik was walking away with bulging pockets...........the new owners are not on a spending spree as so many of you outside of calgary have attested to, they simply starting spending the same amount as most other teams (winnipeg aside) and geez, look at what a normal payroll can get you..........don't blame us if your GM can't get any decent talent for the cash he has to work with, thats your problem.......

I am starting to think that STAMPS fans are the best in the CFL.........great crowds , even with lots of turmoil in the last couple of years......not even a great team , yet........CONGRATS to STAMP FANS ...........for hanging in there.

.......'kay, which one of my fellow mods is playing around here?......I didn't write that second paragraph............

Hmmm… words in capital letters, a lot of misused suspension points… I think it is pretty obvious.

I was wondering how long it would be before a mod started jerking with its powers…

Well who is left Ottawa and Hamilton.
You have to play everyone and Winnipeg schedule is doing that

That is how they do quotes now, since some one complained that they don’t like multipal quotes…and don’t write that again with out knowing what you are talking about… :lol: :x :roll:

And I didn’t start using the quotes that way…either…and you dam well know that.

–Gimme a break. Everyone plays the same teams basically the same amount of times!!! This isnt the NFL here. You can say Toronto has the toughest START to the sched. But the toughest sched period? How is that even possible??

Ask the ARGOS…?..they have to FLY to B.C…[play a good team]…and right after that fly to MONTREAL , to play a good team…with 5 days rest…ever hear of… JET LAG?

The ARGOS could have just as easily been 1 and 4…but they will be 4 and 1 , I hope…winninng against Montreal will be the toughest, one.

Anyways... what is a tough start? At the beginning of the season, your new elements may not have geled yet. But at the end, you may have plenty of guys on the injured list. So really, when is it a good time to play the best teams? Never or anytime.

What the heck are you talking about? You posted comments directly in someone else’s post, hence giving the impression HE said your comments. This is not “a new way to quote”…

The problem that Toronto is that they share the Stadium with the Jays.
I would think that sometimes the argos get jammed into the only spot that is available

Well…I don’t like excuses…and that was not my point…The sched…is better for fans than, it used to be…but the BORE JAYS do get first dibbs on all games… :smiley:…but it shows that EVEN IN TORONTO…the ARGOS are not favoured…and I dam wish that I could see the B.C. / ARGOS game , on T.V. :wink:

It was not ment as an excuse. It was something that came to mind.

No , you made a great point............and thanks.........sorry for any confusion by may part............

I don't like fans [when they do that,and we all do] who make excuses for losing because of calls , or time keepers...........or sched...........If the ARGOS lose both road games.........they lose period.......scheds are part of football as well. :smiley:

But its pointless. They still play 9 home games and 9 on the road, with the team not being away more than two weeks in a row. It changes nothing that they share the Skydome with the Jays. Even if the Jays did not play at Skydome, the Argos could have gotten this exact same schedule anyways.

how do you know that?..the SKYDOME…is not the only stadium that has to worry about sched…remember the U2 concert.?

And if you think that flying to B.C. on 5 days rest after playing SASK… and then flying back to play MONTREAL, on five days rest , is easy…CAN WE TRADE scheds.? HOLY JET LAG , Batman…

THATS how many times zones from are they going through? …T.O… to… B.C. …and back…to…MONTREAL.

I dont agree T&T
look at it this way Toronto plays say Sunday afternoon on the road
TheJays are in town the following Fri Sat Sun. The only day available then is Thursday, this would give them only 4 days off. If the Jays are on the road then the game could be on Sat giving them a respectable 6 days rest.

However if wiggles is in town
All bets are off

now that is funny............the joke of the day............. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I get it. You are so doum-doum!

It is not a new way to quote. It’s because you clicked on “EDIT” instead of really clicking on “QUOTE”. This is why you post in other people’s posts instead of creating a reply containing a quote.

Its not that I don’t know what I’m talking about. It’s that you don’t know what you are doing! Just look at where you click before you do. And don’t ever post in my posts again.

Oh well it could have happened to any one of us.
At least we found out the problem

.........it's like Battle of the Titans in here........

........hello, I think 3/10 is correct, you must have hit EDIT instead of QUOTE.......I'm not offended, the add-on was complimentary, just caught me by surprise.......

Maybe thats what I did and I say that in my first post.....................by accident.............who hasn't done that before??????????????

Usually web sites have safties for that........but I guess they don't here..............some one is trying to cover their own ass.............

As a MOD I do not have any other power , to edit any one.............I am an extra pair of eyes..........PM ..........CFLam .......if you don't believe me.