Argos did not have to leave the RC. Grass not feasible.

and I suspect Rogers may have known all along grass was not feasible at the RC yet needed a publicly acceptable excuse to evict the Argos.

[b]CFL News ?@CFL_News
Jays having natural grass at Rogers Centre was primary excuse used to force #Argos out of Rogers Centre.
May never come 2 B. Surprised? #CFL

CFL News ?@CFL_News
Stephen Brunt said on @sportsnet to not hold your breath on natural grass ever being in Rogers Centre. #CFL #Argos[/b]

Where/when did Brunt say that? I can't seem to find any news on grass at the RC, other than them saying they're currently studying it. If you search twitter, there's no recent news aside from this CFL_News tweet. As far as I know, they're still studying it, and haven't reached a decision.

Considering the Argos new owners own ~66% of BMO and 0% of Skydome, I think the grass excuse is a moot point. The team was going to move its home regardless, which will probably turn out for the best anyway.

That sawing sound you hear is the sound of TFC fans slicing their wrists. If they hated Rogers before, their hatred must be off the charts now. :lol:

It's for the best (for the Argos). The Rogers Center is truly the WORST football stadium in the world.

Agreed. They cant play there anymore its hurting the team.

BMO field is going to be good for them i think. Rebuild the franchise make it talked about in Toronto again.

The Argos would have invented the grass story themselves if they knew it would facilitate and expedite their relocation to BMO with a CFL-friendly 25,000 covered seats with excellent sightlines and a natural grass playing surface! I'd been saying all along it was totally preposterous that Rogers would ever try to plant grass at Skydome...an indoor stadium with a concrete roof? A special thanks to Rogers from CFL fans across Canada! :smiley:

Well said.

A concrete roof?? lol. I don't think there is an ounce of concrete up there. All metal. You must have meant the concrete floor. There are no drains in the floor at all, since it was made so they can close the roof when it rains. It would be a huge project to dig all that concrete floor up and install a drainage system just so grass can be put down. They will still have to close it when it rains because there are also no drains in the stands, which would just fill up with water as well, but they need drains under the grass because the grass will need watering, lots of it. Also not sure if the grass would survive being cooped up all winter, since they close the roof in early October and seal it up for the winter. There is no sun light in there until Spring.
All this being said... I have absolutely no care what they do, since I will never be inside there again. I liked being there for football and have no complaints about the facility.... just the owners and staff there.

Concrete roof?

:thup:

As opposed to an abstract roof, perhaps? :smiley:

I wouldn't believe tweets from some sportswriters, Rogers just signed a $600,000 contract with the University of Guelph to come up with the best type of grass and what is required to grow it.

Listen to the Plant Scientist at Guelph that is doing the study:

[url=http://www.cbc.ca/news/installing-real-grass-at-rogers-centre-no-easy-task-for-the-blue-jays-1.2951456]http://www.cbc.ca/news/installing-real- ... -1.2951456[/url]

I would concur. Don't think the Jays/Rogers have determined either way that grass is feasible or not. Perhaps, the person who tweeted meant to say not feasible in time for the 2018 season. Which would mean...at lease to me that it could be done later.

Get the full dirt infield done in 2016 for now and I'm good.