Argos' defence, special teams lead way in win over REDBLACKS

TORONTO — The division-leading Toronto Argonauts won their second straight game with a commanding 35-16 win over the Ottawa REDBLACKS on Wednesday night, but it was powered by strong defensive and special teams performances that made up for a lack of offensive output.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2021/10/07/argos-defence-special-teams-lead-way-win-redblacks/
1 Like

I am happy the Argos came alive in the third frame in Week 10 at home versus the Redblacks. The TSN turning point was the Argos punt block by Dion Pellerin, which gave the Argos a 8-6 lead and the "Momentum" :blue_heart:

P.S. They will have to play a whole lot better on Offence & Defence to beat the Cats on Thanksgiving Monday. :thinking:

1 Like

As I said before, a combination of luck and alignment of the stars was the determining factor in the ARgo's victory. I am prepared to see the boat men become dinner for the ti-cats next week - their luck just ran out.

Argos will do just fine against Ticats,provided McBeth starts. Coach Dimwitty and his dumb package for Pipkin was a road block to McBeth getting offense going early. McBeth was 4 for 4,then Pipkin inserted and loses 5 yards

Dimwitty was average qb at best,his play calling is suspect

1 Like

SInce the ARgos don't have an impressive track record in Hamilton, I think that patterns will repeat.