Argos Close To Selling Out Home Opener

I don't know argotom, to be honest and I know a lot of people won't agree with me, but I think that an amalgmation of the Argos and TiCats of sorts, playing in a new faciltiy OUTSIDE of Hamilton, might actually be in a roundabout way the best thing for the league in the longrun.

There is no way I see a stadium for the Cats on the horizon, hence perhaps let's get on with what must be done. The Riders have a much better, large, real fan base IMHO.

I can't begin to fathom a merge of these 2 long time rivals. I absolutely hate the idea. It's almost like making the Leafs and Habs into 1 team. OMG...I'm going to shoot myself!!

5.5 I believe

The thing about a new stadium in the GTA for the combo Argos/Ticats new team amalgamation whatever with tailgaiting and that is that it really puts the CFL in the driver seat to be the first here with this with the Bills thing happening and who knows how big this could get.

Earl your idea scares the crap out of me. The Ticats and Argos amalgamating....never! Granted the CFL could be stronger in southern Ontario but the one thing it has going for it is the rivalry. Get rid of that and you might as well kiss the CFL good bye in southern Ontario.

Go Argo-Cats!

Folks contraction is not an option with our league, we must expand as to remain stagnant is for sure the recipe for disaster.
Ten teams is minimum with twelve a dream.

Uhh.. so far, doesn't look like there are much more than 20k there. Could just be the picture on this feed, but there appears to be plenty of open seating right now.

Nice to see a good crowd there.

You want to talk corporate support, I'd bet you the ARgos have the least corporate support in Toronot as far as their pro sports teams go, yet they can still draw 30,000. Like to see the Raptors or Blue Jays do that. In fact the Blue Jays attendance collapse can be attributed to losing corporate support to the Leafs.

If the Raptors could draw 30,000 I think the Toronto Fire Department might take issue.

Raptors coulnd't draw 8,000 without the Maple Leafs help.

Argos had 30,822 for their opener. Not bad.
But after that performance tonight the next home game might not draw as well.

Earl, I’m getting tired of these fantasies of yours. This is the same self-fulfilling, doom-and-gloom attitude that permeated our city in the eighties and nineties, which led directly to the problems the team had.

I don’t expect people to always paint rosey pictures or to be blind to the problems that exist. But I can’t stand when people fabricate problems that aren’t there so they can point out how bad things are.

BigDave, look, I'm not wishing but my mind does roam and a discussion board is here to have some fun with. I'm a nobody and few people read this board anyways probably apart from big CFL fans like ourselves. So come on, what the heck does it matter anyways. And my solution in this "what if" scenario is a positive anyways for pete sakes.

I was at the game and they've sectioned off the entire 500 level. But the lowel two bowls were jammed! Seemed like a great turn out for the Argos.