Argos bounce back?

Will the Argos bounce back this week against Winnipeg?

5909744 (3) - Copy

2 Likes

I predict (and hope) they will.

They'll be at home, which should help.

They'll be starting Arbuckle, which should help.

Having said that, Winnipeg is no joke. Their D is super tough to deal with.

They did bounce back. Great effort all around. A few bad plays for sure but the good ones far out weighed the bad ones. Missed the first home opener in maybe 30 years. Too many restrictions for my taste. Foster was great in his first CFL game. Doesn't look as big as listed but looks to be a talented RB for sure. Arbuckle was pretty good IMO, but he's still learning. Needs to put a little more zip on some of his longer throws. Receivers were open but the delivery time allowed the Bomber DB's to recover. The Argos have a real good defense which should get better as they gel. That McCoil is a game changer IMO.
I love the Argo new home uniforms.

2 Likes

Agreed. He'll also have to get in better sync with the snapper and learn to hold on to the ball while scrambling.

It's was great to see a balanced offensive attack.

I guess we could call Friday night's win a bounce back. Was impressed with Richards moving in at LG and moving Nicastro over to Center (which looks like his best position). A long with LT Allen they opened some holes for White against a good defensive line. D. J. Foster looks like he is made for the CFL. Jarius Jackson and Dinwittie have some work to do with Arbuckle still throwing off his back foot, which may be a difficult habit to break. Probably got away with it in College but we know the DB's in the CFL are too quick and will close or pick off those floater's he throws at time. Another nice surprise was the the play of the DL. Looks like the NFL guys finally found out what it takes to succeed in this League. It's all out war in the trenches just like the NFL. I had thought Harold would be sent packing soon, but he and Oakman stepped it up Friday night and finally showed they belong. New guy Feeney played well also at RE in place of Hughes. I fully expect a big game in Regina next Friday night with win number four as a result.

1 Like

Please do something with the east side of the stadium. If you’re sitting on the west side, all you see is a sea of empty seats in the upper deck. I’ve noticed other stadiums have put in cardboard cut outs of fans. I know it sounds silly, but it certainly looks better than empty seats especially on t.v. In this era of the Kardashians, unfortunately perception is everything today. Young people see empty seats and think if nobody’s there why should I be there. Just a thought. Thanks for your time.

I'd like to see some Argo-themed tarps put up on the closed upper deck and maybe use some to close off the ends of the lower deck. C&S did this at Skydome and made the place look much better....and grew attendance by quite a bit.

The other thing they should consider is reducing the cost of east side tickets. Maybe make the east side seats about 20% lower than their west side equivalents, to try to get some west side ST holders to switch?

They also no longer sell season tickets on the east side. There could still be some one offs from previous seasons that remained.

But as far as single game inventory goes, they're starting from near scratch every game.

Well, that's odd. But it explains the discrepency in attendance between the two sides. It would make more sense to me to get as many people on the east side as possible, since that's what's shown most often on broadcasts.

:thinking: