Argos/ Bombers

Interesting. I wonder if he’s on a short leash with the mad scientist stuff? Anyway, I’m still glad he’s back.

Toronto was completely undisciplined and unsure. Their defense was not good. Willy had all day and the coverage was not strong.
Now that surprises me. Has Burke lost his touch? There was a period where his defenses appeared in four consecutive Grey Cup games (2008-2011). Or is it a personnel issue?
Very aggressive offense going downhill and downfield all night. Very impressive. Best I've seen a Bomber team play in a very long time.
As I said in the Bomber forum, now I'm glad they left the east!

Unproven quarterbacks are underrated. Worst western team beats best eastern team here. In 2014, west division is still stronger and Toronto defense remains weak as in 2013.

Gotta say, Willy looked more like a seasoned vet than a rookie. Was it beginners luck? I don't think so, he looked too poised for that and throws a damn nice deep ball.

Good win for the Bombers :thup:

Yup, excellent win for the Bombers, for the most part all over the Argos on this night. That Grigsby looked very good as well in the Bombers backfield.

First game of the season with a new team usually doesn’t have too much crazy in the schemes, especially if you get a big lead like that. Don’t worry, I’m sure he’s got something up his sleeve.

Now that surprises me. Has Burke lost his touch? There was a period where his defenses appeared in four consecutive Grey Cup games (2008-2011). Or is it a personnel issue
I think it's personnel. [url=http://www.cp24.com/sports/toronto-argonauts-news/carter-one-of-few-returning-defensive-starters-with-argos-1.1884004]They only have four starters back from last year[/url]. Some of the guys last night didn't look good at all.

Argo's played terrible, terrible game plans on offense and defense, penalties out the ying yang, turnovers but hey, we'll take it.

You saw that too, eh? Perfect spiral and right in the receiver’s hands, just out of reach of the defender. A few of the veteran QBs in the league [cough Burris cough] could learn a thing or two from this kid. But then, he had very little pressure on him all game, so that could have helped him a bit too.

And now that Jones is gone, Barker can’t sit on his a$$ and reap the rewards of Jones’s US connections to bring in talent. I don’t think Toronto can possibly be as bad as the score indicated last night, but it’s perhaps a sign that there will be parity in the east this year…

Vega was in Ti-Cat 2010 training camp,where unfortunately he was a final cut signed to our p.roster and eventually signed on with the Bombers.He was in tough that camp as he was up against 2 guys named Hickman and McIntyre for a roster spot.So in answer to your question Tangled,yes at one time Vega was the property of the Ti-Cats :cry: although he never did dress or play any regular season games here while a Cat.

[url=http://www.ticats.ca/article/tiger-cats-set-practice-roster]http://www.ticats.ca/article/tiger-cats ... ice-roster[/url]

right you are. thanks for the info bobo! :thup:

Jays - 7
Argos - 21 :rockin: