Argos, Bombers injury report: Harris limited, Demski on the injured list

So, is Harris playing today, or are the Argos "cheating"?!

Andrew Harris is playing today... not with a full deck though. He's banged up and maybe shouldn't start but his anger won't let him sit. He'll come out fighting for yards and look every bit the star he was back here in Winnipeg early on. As the game drags on his aging bod will let him down. By the second half he'll be back on the sidelines fuming and that'll be it.

Oh I can agree with the 1st half of your reply, but when have we seen him decline in the 2nd half? He usually gets better! He is the kind of player that often needs a little "fuel" for a big game, and you can believe he's going to be fired up for today! Should be fun!

It would be nice to see. Anytime the old guys defy father time by 'rising to the occasion' is a good time for us REALLY old guys. :grin:

1 Like

For this game he'll probably defy several universal laws of physics to do what he can for victory. He seems to use adversity for his motivation, not something I'm totally cool with, but it works for him, I guess. Guaranteed, he wants this win BAD.

2 Likes

He does. The entire Argos football team can feel it.

1 Like

As Terrell Owens would say

“Get your popcorn ready, 'cause we're gonna put on a show.” :popcorn:

BTW you may have noticed my new avatar is now a platypus, to support all the other rodents on this site

@PorkyPine
@Maaax
@LetsGoBlue

I will remain a platypus until there is only 1 undefeated team standing.

mic drop

Ga Ga Go Bombers :blue_heart::beer::football:

3 Likes

I have been getting dizzy from the changes to your avatar, but I’m all for it. Makes it more interesting and everyone should have one instead of those computer generated letters.

2 Likes

Welcome to the club. Poker nights are Tuesdays.:+1:

2 Likes

A platypus! For a minute there I thought your avatar was a salmon. Good to know.

By the way, a platypus is a 'monotreme'. Not a 'rodent'. We rodents don't lay eggs :pancakes: or pancakes (there's no egg emoji). The good news is there's still plenty of rodents for you to choose from should you decide to join us! :smiley: :+1: :beaver:

2 Likes

By the way, a platypus is a 'monotreme'. Not a 'rodent'

I need rid my property of mice, ground squirrels, gophers & groundhogs just to name a few of the pesky burrowing varmints, I feel less guilty now knowing they not distance relatives of mine. :paw_prints: :hole::paw_prints:

Don't listen to Maaax, he's just being picky. You're still welcome to poker night (I want your money). And time to change up my avatar as well, so much better don't you think?

2 Likes

They're darned near impossible to eliminate short of nuking them. As long as there's a neighbor with long grass, lots of bushes and maybe a big deck you'll always have rodents on your property. Just be careful not to poison yourself or injure your pets while you TRY to control them.

Sometimes just getting a cat or two can do wonders for your pest problem.

One of my neighbors has a cattle farm adjoining my property so I use only farm (approved) recommend underground traps, NO poison, cayenne pepper works under the deck plus shoring up the rocks to prevent entry.

Hell, I refuse to use pest controls for veggies and I never use bug spray on myself.

1 Like

I've heard that cattle traps are about the size of a small bus. You must get a real good workout when you have to empty one of those things.

This is my cattle trap

Medium rare anyone?

3 Likes

Got an ongoing war at my place with a couple of moles right now. Think Caddyshack for the full picture. They're winning.

1 Like

When your dealin' with gophers ya gotta think Viet Cong... like Gopher Cong... CANON BALL!!!

bill-murray-420

1 Like

Vole image

Mole image

Gopher image

If you get large mounds of dirt, about the diameter of a foot sometimes larger it might be a gopher?

And to stay on topic Go Bombers Go

1 Like

And if you see big foot prints in your butter you might have a giraffe in your fridge.

FridgeCritter

1 Like