Argos, Bombers injury report: Harris limited, Demski on the injured list

TORONTO — The Toronto Argonauts and Winnipeg Blue Bombers have filed their injury reports ahead of their game on Monday at BMO Field.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/06/30/argos-bombers-injury-report-harris-limited-demski-on-the-injured-list/
1 Like

Demski on the 6 game hurts big. I really wanted to see him head to head vs Harris. Thought they'd have a bit of a showdown on who could perfom better.

2 Likes

We saw him get hurt last game although it doesn’t appear that he was listed as injured earlier this week. Some were recommending him for a fantasy player pick. I don’t know where I read it but I was sure he was out this week and it didn’t look great when he got hurt last week. Demski is dynamic and adds a lot but he does get injured frequently. Word is that he is out two games. At least Winston Rose was a full participant.

2 Likes

Nick Demski could come off the 6 game IR at any time. He might have an ankle sprain and those are always week to week.

1 Like

Hopefully he can be back for the Stamps game, but is there any salary savings if the player comes off early? I always thought these desisions were partly based on the cap crunch.

Here's how the IR Lists affect the Cap:

"Both the 1-game and 6-game injured lists are unlimited in size. The 1-game injured list allows an added player to removed or re-added after every game. Players on the 1-game injured lists have their salaries count against the salary cap defined in the SMS.

Players added to the 6-game injured list have their salaries excluded from the salary cap for the duration they are on the list. Teams may remove two players who has been on the 6-game injured list for seven games or more without penalty. Teams may remove an unlimited number of players from the 6-game injured list before their 6-game period is completed. If they do so, the player's salary while on the injured list retroactively counts against the salary cap. See Article 14.02 (pages 43-44) of the CBA for full details. Prior to 2014, a 9-game injured list was used and teams were limited to removing 2 players per season from the list early, but this was changed to a 6-game list in the 2014 CBA."

2 Likes

I'm dumb.
Does that mean if Demski comes off early, that his full salary will count?

1 Like

Yup.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I had heard this before but didn’t remember the details.

1 Like

I read that Greg McCrae (small imp RB) practiced in Demski's spot today.
That will be an interesting story to follow. Might it make Brady O a little more fired up? Lets hope so!

2 Likes

Winnipeg making their way down the Western Standings list at 3rd. Move over Bombers there are other teams pushing up the Standings with a 3 week better performance . The reign is over! :smiley: LOL :smiley:

1 Like

We're done like dinner. :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

Boy! Am I ever embarrassed. I had this crazy idea that tie breakers were only relevant when two or more teams finish the season with identical won/lost records. How could I not understand that tie breakers were so important when there nearly seventy games left to be played?

3 Likes

Yes indeed, a " weak" ankle. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

HaHaHa...Demski has a week to week, weak ankle lol🤪

2 Likes

[quote="LetsGoBlue, post:2, topic:78909"]

Demski on the 6 game hurts big. I really wanted to see him head to head vs Harris. Thought they'd have a bit of a showdown on who could perfom better.

[/quote]meh if he's going to get hurt rather have it early in the season. especially with the team at 3-0.
1 Like

[quote="MnBlueBomberFan, post:13, topic:78909"]

Boy! Am I ever embarrassed. I had this crazy idea that tie breakers were only relevant when two or more teams finish the season with identical won/lost records. How could I not understand that tie breakers were so important when there nearly seventy games left to be played?

[/quote] whatever gets you through the day. nobody claimed there weren't other
legitimate contenders in the west. besides 3-0 and the Bombers haven't played their best ball yet. they probably won't be as dominant as they were last season especially defensively. that was a season for the ages. but they will be there in November when it comes down to crunch time.

3 Likes

Sad to say, but Andrew Harris' might not have as much gas left in the tank as he might hope. More & more time hurt, I think age must be creeping up on him. Certainly not off to the start he wanted & if he doesn't play or have a good game Mon. he'll be well behind the league leaders, something that won't sit well with a competitor like him.

1 Like

I think you're right... plus, have you seen the price of gas lately?! Can you blame him for NOT having much of that liquid gold left in his tank?!!

Besides, at his age he should be running on Geritol.

1 Like

He can't produce yards without being handed the football. My hometown Argos have always abandoned the run game for 40 years plus. :upside_down_face:

1 Like