argos attendance for hamilton labour day rematch

does anyone have any idea what the attendance was for that game which toronto beat hamilton 48-zip? :?:

32,000+ and NO refunds. :wink: :lol: :smiley:

i thought there'd be MORE than 32 000.....i was disappointed.....boring game....ti-cats suck....not ONE point

I was disappointed in the turnout too. You'd think there'd be more Ti-Cat fans willing to travel down the QEW to take advantage of that "if we lose, you get your money back" promo. Guess they got gun shy when they found out they had to sit in the nosebleeds

I am not..........

we got beat bad. I guess it feels good to rub it in. Enjoy!
One point about the numbers. I was told that there were about 3000 TiCat fans there, which would bring the actual Argo fans down below 30000. They need a new stadium and more would come.

why does everyone hate on the skydome????......it's WAY better than ivor wynne stadium...

if it rains, we close the roof. if its clear skies, then open it up....CNTower visible from the seats, a JUMBO screen, seats for ALL ( unlike Ivor wynne ).

what does it matter if the argos draw 30 000 in a 53 000 seat stadium or 30 000 in a 30 000 seat stadium!?!?!?!?....it's still 30 000, except the argos would be payin off a new stadium for 15 years or more!

argos signed a 15 year deal with skydome/rogers centre...so STOP talkin about a new stadium...its NOT happening!

When is Regina Getting A Dome? :slight_smile:

Tvor - they have one. The AgriDome. . . :smiley:

Saskatchewan doesn't need a dome. We're not ******* like you guys in Toronto.

Wasn't there talk of the Riders getting some sort of season domed enclosure for taylor field. Not sure if it was a tarp or something, but it looked pretty bush league.

And yes JM, we got the agridome....but it smells bad inside and I am pretty sure it aint big enough for football. Wouldn't it be nice to have a retractible dome just like toronto, but a nicer arena maybe???? 8)

diehardticat wrote:

One point about the numbers. I was told that there were about 3000 TiCat fans there, which would bring the actual Argo fans down below 30000. They need a new stadium and more would come.
drumming_god wrote:
why does everyone hate on the skydome????......it's WAY better than ivor wynne stadium... if it rains, we close the roof. if its clear skies, then open it up....CNTower visible from the seats, a JUMBO screen, seats for ALL ( unlike Ivor wynne ). what does it matter if the argos draw 30 000 in a 53 000 seat stadium or 30 000 in a 30 000 seat stadium!?!?!?!?....it's still 30 000, except the argos would be payin off a new stadium for 15 years or more! argos signed a 15 year deal with skydome/rogers centre...so STOP talkin about a new stadium...its NOT happening!
diehard is right, the Argos do need a new stadium and there just may be one come 2007 when it seems, if this stadium gets built, that Downsview is going to have a new soccer stadium, seating 20,000 for the U-20 FIFA championships.

And drumming_god, didn't the Argos sign 3 5 year leases where every 5 years from 2005 they have an option to renew at the Rogers Centre or not? This means come 2010, they can leave the Rogers Centre if they want. And come on, the Argos are in first place, just won the Grey Cup, and they can't get more than 32,000 for their rivals the TiCats. Imagine if they have a couple losing seasons in a row.

The people of Toronto are speaking this year and they are saying they want to watch the Argos in a different stadium that is smaller and more intimate than the Rogers Centre, there are not enough CFL fans in Toronto to do what should be happening, avering no less than 40,000 at the Rogers Centre for this team. The Argos will be playing at this new stadium, if it gets built, come 2010.

IF THEY'RE SELLING 30 000 IN SKYDOME, THEN WHY MOVE TO A NEW 20 000 SEATER....that's 10 000 less tickets sold......attendance has gone up at skydome every year for the last few years....so its not the stadium, cuz its been the same.

I think we all have selective memories. A few years back we were lucky and hoping for crowds around 20k. Now, with the 30+ and the average around this mark, can 40k be far off. And I think if we host the Eastern Final, a capacity crowd of 52k will be there. That being the biggest since the Eastern Final I beleive in 1990. I was there and the joint was rockin..

I thought the '96 or '97 Eastern Final had a sell out crowd at the 'Dump since '91.

let see what happens this year!

I kinda thought the bigges crowd ever in the Skydome was the '89 Grey Cup

For football, probably. Total event-wise, that honour goes to WrestleMania X8, which took place in March 2002. They claim 68,000+ crammed into the Dump for that, but this the same company who claimed 93,000+ filled the Pontiac Silverdome when it was more like 78,000+

YES IT WAS.........right on...........and I was there for 1 of , if not the BEST GREY CUP game, ever.....the parties were just O.K.....not like in OTTAWA, 2004. :smiley:

That does say allot about people's taste. The old.... EX....had 73,000 for 1 WRESTLE MANIA , STUPIDITY. :roll: HULK was there with ANDRE the GAINT.AND it is not even REAL. :lol:

And , I guess that you haven't seen the FOOTBALL improvments at the R.C.....have you?