Argos are punks

If you find it annoying when football allowing taking a knee how do you feel about baseball allowing the home team to not play the bottom og the 9th if ahead .

1 Like

I think they should be allowed to play but they’re not allowed to swing at any pitches .

1 Like

That looks good on him ! Who would want a coach that stupid and selfish ?

Pat Lynch (get vaccinated moron!)

3 Likes

Not allowing you to take a knee is change for the sake of change

There is a big big difference,
Can you tell me what it is?

There is no difference . The leading team in both sports has earned the right to run out the clock (I know no clock in baseball). No injuries will occur when you’re taking a knee . That’s a good thing earned by the winning team .

Pat Lynch (the old guy)

2 Likes

I would guess 99.9% of baseball fans agree with the current rule in baseball, and 99.9% of football fans agree with the current rule in football.

So, no difference.

3 Likes

There is a difference.
First of all I agree,take a knee but
In football a fumble or pick will allow the Defense to score and win the game so forcing the offence to make a play can result in a loss if it is a one score game

In Baseball the defense cannot score, in the bottom of the ninth there is nothing that can change the outcome of the game

Kneeling is what you do when you have less than 20 x (downs left) seconds remaining. You can’t force someone to play full on. How do you judge that? ‘oh you didn’t run hard enough,’ or ‘hey, you ran away from the defender, how dare you?’ It’s silly.

What I DO find annoying is the offense expecting the defense to just stand there and let them kneel. If you want to kneel you should have to block for it. So on one hand I don’t have any problem at all with what Shaq Richardson did, but then on the other he did violate etiquette. I just think that the etiquette is dumb. Football doesn’t really need etiquette, it has rules instead. But then I also suppose that this game in particular wasn’t a one-score game.

1 Like

Getting back to the main topic of this thread... How can the Argos be punks when they have a girl playing safety ?

totally agree…smart choice…

2 Likes

Yup . Totally agree . It’s a funny thing but you never see a team in victory formation when they’re going to lose the game now do ya ?

1 Like

Looks like he took time off from his rock band

3 Likes

I’m guessing you’d be a bit hesitant to call that player a “girl” to his face for fear of the severe butt kicking you’d receive.

:open_mouth:

So you call him a girl because he wears his hair long hey?

LOL.

Naw . I used to have hair just as long as his back in the day . I’m just having some fun with the thread title and you got to admit he is kind of cute in a girlie like way . :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Give it a rest? Methinks you might have trouble with the concept of discussion forums. Would it surprise you to learn that they’re about more than simply denigrating rival teams?

Actually a select few other posters do but that’s not the point. Nobody else agreed with Galileo either when he first published his findings about a heliocentric solar system but that didn’t mean he was wrong.

Probably that they’re not as tight as I am when it comes to demanding a full sixty minutes of action for my money.

:stuck_out_tongue:

I disagree. While it’s not stupid within the current rules, it’s annoying and most certainly boring. And that’s why I’m suggesting some rule change.

I’ll rest when I’m good and ready. If that bothers you, read something else.

And your comment about giving it a rest showed a lot of this “understanding” of which you speak?

Then go talk to the wall. I suppose you can then report back to the rest of us if you care but personally I don’t.

:unamused:

Wasn’t this the guy who blocked the punt for the Argos on Wednesday night?

I also hear he does a mean rendition of Sweet Child O Mine

Me I cheered the blocked punt. I'd picked the Argonauts Defence for my Fantasy team.

:sunglasses: