Argos are punks

In 3x3 basketball there's only a twelve second clock but not attempting to score in order to deny the opposition any opportunity to get their hands on the ball before time runs out is an infraction.

:neutral_face:

Wait till you guys find out what happens in a baseball game when the home team is winning in the bottom of the ninth.

5 Likes

Good point
But I used to play in a softball league where the game was over at a certain time and if the inning was not sure complete it would not count

Stupidest thing I ever saw

I think you almost nailed it - we forget that the bulk of running out the clock is just that 20 second dead time between the previous play and snap of the ball once the opposing team has used up its time outs. Now if you ban kneeling and only have to run one play to kill the clock, for sure just whip the ball down field. But if you have to kill more than say 23-24 seconds then you can’t afford to stop the clock with an incomplete pass. It might force one running play to a back who is going to wrap two hands around that pigskin like his life depends on it. You
might see one game every 3 years where a fumble happens and a team may get a chance at a Hail Mary play.

Personally it doesn’t really bother me to see teams in victory formation for the last 30-40 seconds and I don’t think the fumble scenario above would happen nearly enough to make it that worthwhile. Here’s another thought - instead of banning kneeling, give teams one additional time out that can only be taken in the last minute of play. It may force some punting situations that otherwise wouldn’t happen.

Plus by then most of the fans are already running to the parking lots.

2 Likes

Good point
No one has a problem with letting the clock run down from 19 to 1, but take a knee with that 1 second on the clock and they are cheated?

2 Likes

give it a rest.....you are wrong

1 Like

i don't think you understand much at all.....get more satisfaction talking to a wall...

1 Like

Argos add Chris Jones to coaching staff. Obviously they aren't satisfied with .500 football and making moves.

Meanwhile in Hamilton.. Grey Cup Festival billboards have been seen.

2 Likes

Do they already say Winnipeg vs. Toronto?

1 Like

Could have but I was too excited to notice.

1 Like

Should be interesting with Jones going back to Sask Friday night. He quit after winning coach of the year.

Short week for Riderfans to decide if he's a villain, forgiven hero or cool antihero. Anybody s guess.

I'm hoping for Sask. I'll make a killing on the tickets.

2 Likes

It appears the Jones move is Covid protocols relating to argo D coaching staff.

Love this headline: Chris Jones on departing ‘dream job’ at Tennessee high school: ‘I feel like throwing up’

Seems like a good summary of how it must feel to join the Argos. Not sure whether the team's "a-hole quotient" goes up or down, if this part proves to be true:

Toronto had openings on their coaching staff after defensive coordinator Glen Young and defensive backs coach Josh Bell were given a leave of absence. Though head coach Ryan Dinwiddie declined to specify why the coaches are no longer with the team, it is believed that MLSE’s new policy requiring all staff to be vaccinated played a role in their departure.

I hope that is true about MLSE! Good on them.

1 Like

The Columbus Blue Jackets just fired coach Sylvain Lefebvre over his refusal to get vaccinated. That probably is a career-ender for the former Hab, as I don't see ANY pro hockey team hiring him these days...

2 Likes

but you do see in hockey teams leading by a lot playing keep away and ragging the puck behind their net for almost a minute....in football, it's not annoying, stupid or boring....as an ex player and current fan, there is nothing wrong with it..

1 Like

Well, I actually do find it annoying, stupid, and boring, but to each their own. :slight_smile:

If sports never changed, we'd have never seen the development of the forward pass...