Argos are punks

how can the league not fine the argos for their bush league antics.....crossing over centre field before warm ups, after being introduced, half run down to the ticats end zone and then the bullshit at the end of the game where argo players not even in uniform race out to centre field to engage in further antics....no wonder everyone in the league hates the argos...

1 Like

Wow - you come out of the wordwork after 15 years? lol

4 Likes

I'm surprised he's still in the system after 15 years of dormancy and numerous format changes . Should just change his name to RipVanWinkle .

2 Likes

And for this tripe? As opposed to say a learned appraisal of the greatest Tiger-Cat receivers of all-time?

:question:

1 Like

I'm glad you added the question mark at the end of your post, which made no sense to me. Mini-explosions of anger against the Argos are always appropriate on this forum.

2 Likes

That was great.. last play of the game kneel down, argo guy goes full blast at Dunbar and gets knocked on his ass hard.

1 Like

2 Likes

Fully expected to see some Argo fines announced this week. There were plenty of candidates.

forgot i had this account and i've had tickets since 72.....what the argos did just pissed me off so i've sent emails to the argos, reporters, the commish and anyone else i could think of.....they still show no class....nice to be awake after 15 years.....i also don't own a cell phone, do facebook, twitter, instamgram and any other type of social media...emails and now this account i might just do...

5 Likes

…welcome back dh2…as bobo noted it’s incredibly fortunate your account survived after all that time, definitely in the running here for longest span between posts for sure…

1 Like

Good for you. That means there is a chance you have maintained or even increased your intelligence, while the rest of us get progressively stupider.

5 Likes

…it’s stupidler btw

Bucking the trend.
The standard for long time reactivation of username is to wait for at least a 4 game losing streak or suitable controversy then open with "in my family's 85 years of season tickets I have never seen such..." then threaten tearing up tickets and/or lifetime boycott.

1 Like

Wasn't Stupidler one of the McDonald's characters from the 70s?

Have to say I did notice what OP is talking about and agreed. They should have stayed on their side of half prior to the game.

1 Like

Actually I've always maintained that kneeling down to kill the clock should be a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct because quite simply it's not playing the game. Quite simply spectators pay for 60 minutes of football action and not 59.

That type of unsportsmanlike conduct in the final minute of play should be penalized by loss of down. That would force the team with the lead to put the ball in play for another play or two. Paying spectators would thus be treated to another play or two of on-field action.

I'm wondering if any of the antics were to provoke Ticat players to draw penalties. I know a few years back there was the issue where someone danced on the logo, and then drew a nasty response that lead to some penalties, and maybe even a fine. Could have been a tactic to try and gain some yards knowing they can't actually do it the old fashioned way...

1 Like

never have teams crossed centre field let alone race down to the other teams end zone...imagine if the ticats ran down to the argos end...all hell would have broken loose...then to have players in track suits run out to the field at the end of the game and grab facemasks and drag ticat players to the ground was unbelieveable....even pinball looked disgusted in trying to get the players off the field.......look at a hockey game what would happen if a player crosses centre ice during warm ups...full scale brawl

This is all part of the drama and excitement and actually hypes the game up and can be used as a rallying point for the disrespected team and fanbase.

A couple years ago when BC crossed over for a playoff game they ended up dancing on and disrespecting the Ti-Cats logo during a practice. When it was gametime the Cats players formed a protective circle around the logo during the pregame warmups. Then they promptly kicked BC's ass.

3 Likes

In the CFL there is one set of rules for the Argos and one for everybody else. You could bet the Cats or the rest of the league's teams would have been fined if they did any of those antics.

1 Like