Argos aquire Steven Jyles via trade

Actually, I don’t know which track you go to but if you bet on a horse to finish second and he finishes first that is called a place wager. On a place wager you win if the horse finished first OR second. So you are in fact wrong, YOU DO win if you bet a horse to finish second and it places first, you just happen to get less money than if you wagered him to finish first. Now if you had reversed that (ie betting on the horse to win and he finished second) then no you would not get paid.

:lol: :lol:

OK, so let’s call it $75.

...my opinion, Richard was pretty specific in saying 2nd and 5th round picks, Jyles went for a 1st and 4th....is it splitting hairs? no, it's pretty specific in fact...

Two comments… first, who would know Jyles better - Barker who has only seen him from the opposite side of the field or Lapo and Barresi who have coached him for 3 seasons. Second, Jyles had 8 fumbles, 5 of which were lost and those fumbles usually came at the worst possible time.

As for Buck, he’s in amazing condition. Here’s a picture from his hometown newspaper (he’s visiting his folks this week):
http://www.triplicate.com/mambots/content/multithumb/images/b.900.700.0.0.stories.2011.03_March.26.0326%20buck%20pierce.jpg
Man, the guy has a set of guns on him now!

Yeah, but losing a bet because you did better just seems wrong.

…so therefore he should donate as promised…i think i’m going to have to sig pigseye on him as he was the one Richard placed the bet with…Are you out there piggy…??? :roll:

Two words for you: Jesse Lumsden.

Perhaps there is room for the CIS's Sinopli?

…what sort of bizarro logic are you using where a man says ‘B and D’ and the answer is ‘A and C’ and you equate that with ‘the same’?..I’m just curious to know, hoping I can use it on a test or something one day…

…I don’t think this has been said before, but how does having well-developed biceps and triceps protect from a dislocated elbow? or for that matter that old knee injury?..these joints, historically where Buck has had problems, really don’t give a hoot how good the muscles are above or below them, it’s the basic ligamenture and bone structure that are at play here, and once those are damaged they are typically open to more damage no matter how many reps you did in the gym…I would like to see Buck finish a season this year, don’t get me wrong, but please, enough nonsense about how ‘ripped’ he is like this is the end-all-be-all to solve all his past woes…really BB, you always impress me with your objectiveness, I’m having trouble thinking you wrote this, did papa somehow get ahold of your password?..

Wasn't Buck in the shape of his life last year too? Just sayin'.
Also, it's funny how all you Bomber fans are drinking the kool aid. Weren't you guys all on the Jyles bandwagon last year after he pulled off the semi-miraculous comeback win against the Lions at CanadInns?

Don't get me wrong, I was a huge Pierce fan when he was with the Lions. In fact I still am. Having said that, I'm a realist. The odds he stays healthy aren't very good. How you Bomber fans can't see this is beyond me. Than again this is the same fan base that thought getting rid of Kevin Glenn was a good idea..

Wow did I miss out for a few days, and I will chime in that Richard's right.

Nothing like talk of any given Argos QB to stir the pot here!

Anyway this is exciting for the league, as now we have a two-horse race in Toronto between two guys who are each mentally capable of executing Barker's offence as is based largely on runs, play-action fakes, and/or short passes. Jyles adds greater mobility too for that matter.

Whoever will make the least amount of mental mistakes, as did Lemon to high degree in his first CFL season last year, wins this race. And then all the same more than likely the other guy is more than capable to step in and back up too.

But I would be foolish so soon to ride the Argos as long now as did everyone honest ride them short last year ...

I’m out of the country and just heard the news, love the picks, too bad it costs us SJ.

As for Richard, I’ll be back Monday night and have more to say.

Shhhhhh Geroy Simon! Let them drink their Kool-Aid!

Or your next argument with the missus. :wink:

It’s called “I’m a woman and I get to drool over a well-developed male physique if I want to”. :wink:

The reason so many Bomber fans aren’t upset about this deal has to do with the fact that previous regimes have done a really crappy job on recruiting NI talent. We have a number of NI starters who are very good (LaBatte, Brown, Logan, etc) or have very good upside (Watson, Donnie O, etc) but our NI depth isn’t there. We’ve gone from having 3 picks in this year’s draft to 6 and having 2 picks in the first round for the first time since 1988.

Lapo has said he’s not sure Jyles would have even been the #2 QB for this season coming out of camp. Lapo and Barresi know Jyles as well as anyone having coached him for half of his CFL career. Plus there have now been suggestions that Jyles did not have the confidence of his teammates either. Add in that Jyles likely would have gone the FA route next year because he does want to be a starter and you’ve got a lot of good reasons why we are not upset about this trade.

Has anyone actually listened to what Joe Mack said about why he made the trade? Here’s a link to the video section at the Bombers website. It has an interview with Mack that’s just a little longer than the one at CFL.ca:
http://www.bluebombers.com/video/index

He’s pretty clear on his reasoning and it makes sense. It also seems quite obvious that Mack and Lapo did not think Jyles would be a starter in the future.

It will take time to find out whether this trade makes us better but we don’t feel that trading Jyles made us worse. Bottom line is that Jyles was 2-8 as a starter. Yes he only threw 7 interceptions but he had 8 fumbles (5 which were lost) and many of those fumbles came at the worst possible times during a game. Whether Buck can stay healthy or not isn’t a factor because we feel confident that Joey Elliott can step up if Buck goes down. I’m not saying Elliott would win all his games but I have no doubt he’d win as many or more than Jyles did. This is what Mack said about Elliott in the FP:

"But Joey was really competitive in those last two games. He did some really good things. He really has a spark with a lot of guys in the locker-room. So we feel good about it.
[url]http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/jyles-traded-because-118974199.html[/url]

One last thing, it has been pointed out at other boards that the injury that Jyles had is the same type of injury that ended the careers of Khari Jones and Jason Maas. Still think Jyles is a sure thing in Toronto?

...^ okay, I can get with that post...maybe not the drooling part, but the rest is all right...

i gotta ask... this thread is filled with 90 percent non bomber fans.. why do you guys who are fans of the stamps or lions or riders.. why does it matter to you what the bombers did?

you guys sure talk alot of crap... i guess... what happens if the bombers come out this year and kick the absolute crap out of your beloved teams? seriously.. what are you gonna say then?

kind of setting yourselves up for future disapointment i think.

no love for the bombers on this site at all.. thats fine. whatever. i guess, according to most of you.. the bombers are supposed to suck right... what happens if they dont tho? what happens if they are the ones who own your teams ass's this year. its just a simple question really tho..

why do fans of other teams care so much about what the " stupid loser bombers" do.

Maybe I'm watching the wrong sport, because I never realized what a valuable commodity Steven Jyles really is !

Did you ever consider there are two sides to every trade? And that many a trade in an 8-team league carries great weight for sake of the overall league?

Ah never mind back to your Kool-Aid. :lol:

Okay Blue Blood so you are in love with Buck Pierce too so good for you, but the rest of your analysis I can buy though of course I still think you all let one get away.

And Paolo, if you want something, you usually how to give up something. Speculation doesn’t mean squat. Everybody got what they wanted.