Argonauts in BMO, and the Angry TFC Fans

Interesting. So you think that the Argos may be under pressure from Rogers to move out? I guess they can't go back on a 15 year lease for next to no money. Otherwise, the easier solution would have been just to crank up the rental fees and force the argos to go somewhere else.

I think so, especially if the Bills thing works out which would then suredly lead to a team for Toronto. I don’t think Rogers will do anything to make it look like they are forcing the Argos out but rather it will all be a mutual thing on the surface. And the Argos will help pay for some of the BMO costs, maybe all of the costs, and some of the upgrades will help the stadium be better which hopefully will offset the TFC supporters who are upset the Argos are moving in.

Again, all speculation but just what I think will happen. Now the good thing about all of this is that there will be a shift of focus in Toronto from baseball to football in the downtown area. Look, we all wish the Argos could get the window shopping and media of the Leafs or at least the Raps and Jays (TFC too?) but Rogers and MLSE control the bulk of the sports there and it’s tough, also tough to get a lot of out of towners into Toronto for the CFL, most Argo fans are local I think. The NFL should attract a lot of young people from say towns like Mississauga, Oshawa and Barrie etc. who probably don’t even know what the CFL is. So the NFL coming could be good for the CFL in a rounabout way, more emphasis on football. I know few people see it this way but that’s just me.

Can someone tell me what the BMO stadium is, where is it etc. Why not play in the Skydome?

BMO stadium is the 20,000 seat stadium, situated at the old Exhibition Stadium site, approximately, where the Argos played for decades and where Grey Cups were played.

Why not play in the Skydome? Well, go to Google news and check some articles, too long to explain in short here.

I think a team is far more likely in LA then Toronto, and until a new stadium is built that is appropriate for NFL football or even talk of one, there’s little chance Toronto gets a team.

BMO would be an upgrade for the Argo’s, fans would be much closer to the action, it would have a WAY better atmosphere, and it should be packed for every game. I would be willing to bet that 30,000 at BMO field would bring in quite a few more gate money than 31,000 at Rogers.

Alpha it's not the TFC team itself that i have "a hate on" its the ownership group, MLSE who blindsided the Argos and who have a "hate on" for the CFL and the Argos. Also and that's another posting and story, their treatment of the hockey fans and overall arrogance in the city.
I have followed the TFC and the MLS from a distance and last year went to a home game.
It was a great experience, save and except the quality of the soccer.
I have always followed soccer here in NA and went to the NASL games when the Toronto Blizzard were around as a kid.
I know you are a CFL and Argo fan first.
PM when you get back so we can have a good discussion on the MLS and its life expectancy.

Actually, Waterdown, No! I haven’t! Is getting shot by plastic bullets the new measure of toughness?

Is rioting an indication of fan loyalty?

If the Argos do move to BMO - and I hope they do - I’ll finally have a reason to go to a game and support the 'Cats in my hometown of T.O.! Move over, Red Patch Wimps!

Oskee-Wee-Wee!