Aren't you glad that Bellefuelle isn't in Saskatchewan??

I wasn't aware I said they were the same thing...I disliked him because he was a sh!tty OC...it's not much of a stretch to figure out, really...you're having difficulty in comprehension?

My point in the beginning was, its really unnecessary for a Rider fan to slam him now that he’s gone. You gonna slam Ronnie L. now too? He didnt have any sucess here as a coach or after anywhere else for that matter, but I still like him as a person and am unwilling to call him names upon his departure. I dare you! No true Rider fan speaks negatively regarding the Little General. NOONE!

Kel

You set a poor example jm02. Think about the children. Any of you teens in PA have a teacher that is a knowitall Rider fan? Ya...she swears...lol. Joking.

Kel

lol funny....or not.

Rider fans have suffered a lot, so they hold a grudge a little longer then most. Nothing a GC won't fix :wink:

And if you want to talk about lynching...Ask Kevin Strasser...

Umm Kel, jm02 didn't wait to slam Marcel when he was gone. She was one of the MANY Saskatchewan posters that were calling for his head under the Barrett Shivers regime.

bahahahahahah....if you say so, I didnt know that as I wasnt here then. But its still no fair to execute the guy when it was Paup who gave him the job. Offences work as a UNIT. His ball control schemes are often questioned for effectiveness in the red zone. I'll give you that. But to say its all his fault will be proven wrong next year upon his apparently foregone dismissal. I didnt know 4th in 1st downs and total yardage was grounds for firing.

Kel

Jesus Christ

Thank you Sam!

Kel

thought that’s who you meant. Just couldn’r figure out any way at all that saying he knew what you were talking about made any sense. Still can’t.

Read ur Bible man… if ur really interested, but lazy or without the Good Book, I can go futher into it on the next post…is about persecution and you can find it in the the gospels of the new testament(Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John) about the Garden of Gethsemane. Wish I had an exact verse for you but unfortunately Im a little unfamiliar myself.

Kel

No need, Kel...this is about football. If you really need to talk about religion, do it on the off-topic forum, where there's already a 20+ page thread about it...feel free to get into religious musings there...

CFLgameanyone > I'm extremely well-versed in the Bible and in my mind there is no comparison. Bellefuelle isn't being persecuted at all. The comments are being made regarding the OC's ability to run an offense. He failed miserably in SK and has failed in Mtl. He may be a fantastic guy and get along with people great but what he has shown to this point is that he should not have a career as an OC. He just doesn't have the ability to produce points or wins. That says nothing about who the man is, just that he is not in the right position career wise. For crying out loud, if a person is unable to do a job, that doesn't mean anything about what the person is like away from that job.

Okee…thanks…shoot the messenger…I didnt WANT to talk about it…Im sorry I didnt swear instead…sheesh.

Kel

Let's talk about time of possesion

Als are first in time of possession with 31.27 per game but second to last only ahead of Hamilton in points scored.

Time of possession in the CFL means squat, last year the Als averged 347 yards against identical to this year 347 yards against...Has had zero impact on opponents ability to move the ball.

More proof

Last year BC was #1 in time of possession and averaged 26.9 points per game this year they are near the bottom in time of possession but have improved production to an average 27.5 points per game.

Time of possession is a meaningless stat in a high scoring league. The quicker you get down the field the better you will do, the least plays you have to run, the least chance for turnovers and the least amount of plays you have to run.

I'm not going to slam the guy, he might be a great guy and possibly even a great coach, just not at the Offensive coordinator position.

His offense actually semi worked for a while here while we had Nealon Greene leading the team, as he was pretty efficient at the short stuff, but eventually teams catch on and it doesn't work anymore.

Marcel's problem as an Offensive Coordinator is that he doesn't utilize the teams strengths, what may have worked one place with one QB ( the short stuff with Nealon ) isn't always going to work another place with a different QB with different strengths.

I would fall short of putting all the blame for the Als on his shoulders though, they still have Jim Popp as the head coach who gave himself a self evaluation the other day by claiming he's done a heck of a good job this year.

The combination of a subpar coach, subpar OC, and a GM wasting too much time pretending he can coach is what is costing the Als.

Well put Dust, I concur.

Kel

Ok so we all agree he's a nice guy and a lousy CFL OC ! Cool!

NEXXXXT !

Let's talk about Westwood :smiley:

He needs a haircut… and bad!

I disagree…I think the kids in Winnipeg can really relate to the homeless look.

Kel