Are you in or out?

Simply put, do you prefer the Grey Cup when it’s played indoors or or outdoors?

Does it matter?

only thing that matters to me is if the weather screws up the game, otherwise, doesnt matter

1 Like

Agreed. I imagine most feel this way.
Although some of the great games were outdoors.
That Argo / Stamps final in Ottawa was as Canadian as it gets.

3 Likes

GC in the snow, baby!

4 Likes

We can take it.

2 Likes

With little flamenco cymballs sewn on our mittens so they make noise when we clap!

1 Like

And a flask in our pocket so we make noise when the god#&*mn ref calls pass interference for no reason.

1 Like

Outdoors. If the weather is bad, so much the better.

2 Likes

For sure, except maybe extremely high wind.

1 Like

Thought this was a thread about a burger chain

2 Likes

Now I want Mc Donald’s fries.

Those are good

1 Like

Mmmmm and the apple pies!

If your at the game indoors

if you are watching from home

outside .

I prefer outdoor football, but as I have indicated many times, football is not a winter sport. The game is a sham when players slip and slide everywhere in a fumblefest and luck plays a bigger role than skill. The worst Grey Cup I remember was the 1970’s snooze fest where Montreal won over Edmonton by scoring only 9 points (I think it was) off the foot of Don Sweet. I was at the 1991 Grey Cup in Winnipeg and froze my ass off and one player was hospitalized and severely injured by the cold for many months. Lousy weather also favours the weaker team by removing skill from the game.

I have never been able to understand why the CFL and to some extent the NFL play their more meaningless games in perfect conditions while leaving their final game to chance. In my opinion it hurts the integrity of the game. It is also bad for the fans attending in person. It would be the same as spraying oil on the ice for the Stanley Cup Final and watching the players skid around like newborn fawns. The Grey Cup should be played in October. Thanksgiving would be best. It could then be played outdoors anywhere in Canada without the risk of mind numbing winter conditions.

3 Likes

Crap weather can make for crap games. And great ones.
Indoor games are probably a truer deciding factor for a championship game. Bad weather games give the underdog more of chance.
I like the snow games though.

3 Likes

I agree with your points but don’t like the snow games, especially in person. I froze my feet solid enough for years as a kid playing goalie on outdoor rinks and have had enough for a lifetime. I’m also not a masochist.

1 Like

A couch is better than a cold stadium seat.

3 Likes

A sunny winter day that's hovering just above and below freezing with hardly any wind is ideal Grey Cup weather for me. :smiley:

3 Likes

In full agreement here.
Inclement weather conditions usually result in sloppy error filled contests that fail to showcase the true athleticism of its players which is the cornerstone of the CFL product.

If games were meant to be played under such wintry conditions, the season would be scheduled between November - March which it is not.

Perhaps there is a reason for this.