Are you going to your team's home opener?

It will be a different feel this year. How many people are planning on being at their team's home opener? Saskatchewan will have no restrictions by then. I expect 33,350 in the stands. I will be there (I have 2 doses of vaccine) mingling and I will not be wearing a mask.

I expect that the crowds for each team will be as large as allowed, sell-outs if allowed.

2 Likes

If they let us in, I will be there. No question.

3 Likes

We had season tickets. I’m not sure that it gives us any privilege or not. I sure hope so. Screw those woke folk. They think football is toxic.

1 Like

Where is there?

BMO Field.

2 Likes

I’m an Als fan in Ottawa. Great place to see a game.

1 Like

As an Argos fan, I'm jealous of the atmosphere in every other stadium. I would love to see a game at TD Place and Percival Molson. If things are more or less normal next summer I should have a chance.

3 Likes

I'm planning on being there (BMO). As other have stated, it depends on what the province allows but it's still 2 months away

2 Likes

Just bought my season tickets last week so the Argos better let me in. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

You must have good eyes. ;p

2 Likes

I will be there. I signed onto the MVP plan as soon as I heard there would be a season so have my seats locked in for 3 years.

1 Like

My wife expects to be there. Been a great many years since I have felt up to going to a game, or pretty much anywhere else for that matter, sigh

1 Like

Short answer : I sure hope so .

Will have to see how the team decides to handle distribution and allocation of seating as well as allowed capacity .

Tiger-Cat season ticket holder here. I will probably not be at the home opener. While I hope to be fully vaccinated by then, I have a child under 12 who will not. When it comes right down to it, there are some things more important than football.

Having said that, a lot can happen between now and Labour Day. On the plus side, vaccination rates are going up, and the number of cases per day is going down. On the negative, this Delta variant is taking hold.

To all CFL fans -- be vigilant, stay safe, and get vaccinated. If we can do that, Grey Cup 2021 will be the biggest party this country has seen in a l-o-n-g time. And if we don't, well another winter lockdown could be coming our way.

2 Likes

But what are the chances of a 12 year old getting covid sitting outside? and then getting seriously ill from it?
Did you worry in past years about your child catching the flu at a football game ?
You could go to the game yourself and give your child's ticket to someone else.

1 Like

Typical ...... this is how the COVID started by people not taking it seriously. Health is way more important that a game plus its a matter of time before the Delta Variant takes hold if we don't take necessary steps.

3 Likes

Then don't go to the game if you are scared, the rest of us that are doubled vaxxed and will be there.

Even fully vaccinated persons (unless you were vaccinated with Pfizer) are susceptible to the Delta variant. Then again I forgot you're an immunologist

1 Like

Oh, I definitely won't be taking my child to the game if they aren't vaccinated. The issue is if I go and pass the virus to them. The risk might be extremely low -- but the risk just isn't worth it.

I am sure the Tiger-Cat organization will do their best to make the venue safe. We can say this is "outdoors", but:

• the concourse isn't really outdoors, and it is impossible to socially distance there
  • the bathrooms aren't outdoors either
  • People will be yelling as loud as they can - increasing the possibility of airborne transmission
  • people will be drinking beer, so not only no mask, but also poor judgment
  • the team can put safety measures in place, but there will always be those who think they don't apply to them

So IF we have a full capacity crowd, and there are carriers there (and a significant population of unvaccinated people), we know that it will spread.

COVID and the flu are nowhere near the same thing - so please don't pretend that they are. Our goal is to eradicate this beast, so let's give COVID the respect it deserves. The sooner we do that, the sooner our lives get back to normal.

And to be clear: I respect people who make a decision to go to the first game. I expect them to respect my decision to wait. And I also expect them to be careful - get vaccinated and obey all public health and safety rules.

3 Likes

I don't really understand that. By your thinking you could pass the virus on to them if you went to a store and picked it up or at work or anywhere else.
You would be sat outside at a football game not inside!
Wouldn't you have less chance of picking up covid there than going inside a grocery store or inside at work and bringing it home?
Why not just stay inside all the time