Are there any NFL rules you like better than the CFL verison

I’d have to agree with that myself. I understand what the single is about (and it did take this American some years to get it) But now that I do I wouldn’t want it to go away. But…It would be very anticlimactic if a game was tied and it came down to a last second FG and the kicking team wins with a miss.

:thup:

a missed FG does not guarantee a point however.

The receiving/opposing team negates the single by kicking, punting or running the ball out of the end zone.

I like the 1 t/o…it makes challenging a real decision.

Yes great point again Tangle though I think Geo’s intent though he wants no change, and the perspective of those like me who want at least this part of the rule changed, is for only those kicks that otherwise cannot be returned because they go directly out of bounds through the goal area/end zone.

That debate has been beaten to death every offseason on this forum for the last three offseasons at the very least.

The way I see it, I say take away singles for the kicks that go directly out of bounds because not only could they not be returned in most cases but also the kicker missed or misdirected usually a short kick badly. I see no reason someone committing grand folly should be rewarded at all even with a point as opposed to those otherwise kicking with greater accuracy or attempting long field goals that miss but are not returned.

The flip side of my view for the change, and I could stay with the status quo, is that you are rewarding at the very least a team's field position when even a kicker commits the grand folly of missing a shorter kick as sails directly through the goal area/end zone with no return.

As the rule has always been as far as I am aware via kicks from scrimmage in Canadian football, basically the single point for a kick merely over any part of the goal line is akin to a goal for a kick over at least part of the goal line in any given game of football except American football.

Just expand the damn CFL rosters to up to 46 active players on game day, which matches the NFL at the number of active players on game day but of course there are two more players on the field at any given time in the CFL anyway.

That's enough improvement right there.

And yes make it mandatory to add at least two non-imports to the active players if three or four are added.