Are Riders for real?

Agree to a point. And that is why it is sometimes best to go to another mechanic…because, agreed that not all mechanics are equal. That said, a mechanic may suggest cleanser, or additive, which will improve performance over time, whereas a disgruntled car owner may insist on an immediate fix, like changing the engine, at great unnecessary expense. In due course, he finds that the rebuilt replacement engine probably doesn’t run as long, or as efficiently, as the OEM engine would have if allowed tweaking with additive.

1 Like

True. But if a mechanic takes years of repeated visits and still cannot diagnose or fix the problem, you can bet I’m moving on.

1 Like

And I wouldn’t blame you one bit! The challenge is to make sure that you are moving on to a better mechanic rather than a poorer mechanic.

Again I use the BB as an example. Would they have gone to 4 straight GCs if they had bowed to a disgruntled fan base, wanting GM, coaches, and maybe even mascot to get fired? They were within a whisker of doing just that!

Or try to charge six hundred and ninety dollars and eighty seven crnts for a new battery installed and one light in the tail light bulb replaced… Damn garage was lucky I did not burn them out despite a profuse apology and five hundred and sixty five dollars taken off the bill.
The owner attempted to phone me 5 times yo explain the billing mistake.

But we digress

Mistake? ya, right!

1 Like

Gotta wonder what Dickie is thinking now, after he threw Cody under the bus to cover for his own inadequacies. He was so "in over his head.’ O’Day was partially responsible too, because he relied on Dickey’s judgement. He should have canned Dickey much earlier. And, of course, O’Day and Dickey were listening to disgruntled fans, many of whom didn’t understand that the losses were the result of a number of things. no matter, they blamed Cody, and O’Day was worried about dwindling fan attendance. Perfect storm!

riders are definitely for real. Mace has turned them around.

2 Likes

Only 4 games in tho. But yea it looks good so far

1 Like

It is about time that the Riders get some respect. I asked the question to see how many recognized/acknowledged the improvements made through free agency and recruiting…and few did, or, at least preferred to sit on the fence…even if those sharp pickets cause damage. And some preferred to dump on O’Day, claiming he didn’t do anything to improve.
From Day 1…actually training camp…I saw them as a GC contender, and while Harris’ injury will slow them down a bit, temporarily, I expect to see them in the West final, maybe even as host if Harris returns soon.

Hosting a playoff game will help the bottom line.

2 Likes