Archie Amerson.....

He ain't afraid to go over the middle and take a whipping like that little Yeast charecter.

I think most Ti Cat fans have nerve problems right about now. Lets stop looking backwards and move on!

I thought Archie was great I think you have to look at this from the business side if archie comes back and re-injures himself then the team has to keep him around and take care of him. I think the med staff are busy enough right now too!! I hope archie all the best and if he ends up back in a uni the I will support him but I also don't think it would be good if he came back and hurt himself worse where poss he couldn't walk?? anyways I just wanna win games I will always support this team no matter what they do!!

Cheers go cats go

rftt, I'm already past 32... lol

Looking at guys like Rocky, Earl (Praise be his name), Grover, Mike (Walker and Philbrick), etc - I'm sure that they would like to play, and are great fan favourites. Too bad they are too old, too slow, too oborken to play professional football anymore. Archie should think of his health first, NOT his ego.

Bring him back if he is 100% healthy and can pass the physical by all means at least he has heart and in not scared to get rocked up the middle to make a catch.:thup:

Why do we assume because he is little he has heart...i hate that cliche...he has no more heart then 90 percent of the football players that have scratched and clawed their way to the pros....things like hes got heart and "good guy" are ridiculous....in 2003 he took about 10 balls of his chest. he had some good memories but he is done.

Your quite a mouth piece CaptainJerk ! A real authority eh! You know nothing ! Mr. negative !

I love the witty back and forth we have on this board. :roll:

a turkey sandwich knows more about football than you AJB1 :wink: :lol:

its sad how people try to start problems with each other on this board. most post’s start out about the cats and football but then just get so off topic by about the fith or sixth post and then turn into people beefing other members. :thdn:

Potentially true. I’ve met some very intelligent turkey sandwiches. But at the end of the day, no matter how much they know about football, I can still eat them. :lol:

Also true. I can’t help but think if we were 7-1, there wouldn’t be nearly so much of that. I wish everyone would just start by admitting we’re all upset and confused by what’s happening, and there is no one explanation why or solution as to how to fix it. All we have are opinions; no one is preaching gospel here.

i we were 7 - 1 do you think there would be less of this though? i think it would go down abit but i still think there are people on hear that are just trying to piss people off.

ya, but they'd probably be laughing while they were doing it, rather than grinding their teeth wishing death upon the other poster....

its all in the intent of the post! lol

If Amerson has healed then I say give him a try out and a chance. Who knows he may just actually perform good like he used to. If not we really did not lose a thing by trying now didn't we.

Just as a follow-up to this thread.
I thought it was nice to hear today that Archie is back "in" with the team as the new head coach of the team's youth camps. Clearly the team and Archie are moving forward together again. Was surprised to hear what he was doing. Whether you beieve he should or shouldn't strap on the pads again, I was glad one of the favorite sons is involved again with the team.

When teams like the TiCats are playing badly, the fans look to the past for help. Just look at Leaf fans and their endless fascination with Steve Thomas, Gary Roberts, Doug Gilmour, et al. The good teams never seem to get caught up in this kind of backward navel gazing and look forward to younger players with upside. Forget Amerson folks. It's not like he'd be any better than he was and he was never a perenniel all-star. He was a solid pro but nothing more. At least you didn't back Montford.

An Argo fan

Let's find the future Milt Stegall, someone not quite what the NFL wants in terms of height and/or speed or whatever, but just perfect for our game here. You have to know that there are some down there who have just graduated from college and looking for a chance to play pro, any league, anywhere.