Arblows sign Tyms

Argos sign former Ticats receiver Bryan Tyms
Posted onSeptember 14, 2017byJustin Dunk// 0 Comments

[i]The Toronto Argonauts have signed receiver Bryan Tyms, per sources.
The 28-year-old was released by the Tiger-Cats on Wednesday after starting seven games this season for Hamilton, recording 25 catches for 204 yards, but he was off the game day roster two of the last three weeks.
Tyms played in just two games with the Ticats in 2016 and showed plenty of promise after signing in late October. He had four catches for 33 yards and a touchdown in the regular season finale against Montreal and led all receivers with eight receptions for 114 yards in the East semi-final loss to Edmonton.
The six-foot-three, 204-pounder appeared in 18 career NFL games (two starts) with the Cleveland Browns (2013) and New England Patriots (2014-15), registering seven receptions for 94 yards and a touchdown.

Tyms saw action in one postseason contest in 2014 and was a member of New England’s Super Bowl XLIX championship team.[/i]

He was on good terms with Argos already. Remember him laughing with some of them during Week 1 debacle. Could have been team,s number one target after Toliver went down.
Yet he found some way not to be.

YUP, agree. Had high hopes for him. Oh well good for him finding work quickly. Seemed like a good team mate from post game interviews and his Twitter sign off.
I wish him luck!

Shocking.

Tough spot for some on this board... If he goes on to have a great career with calgary after Toronto and Montreal cut him you can't even blame Austin this time.

Yeah. Under achieving import recs should have more job security

He is SJ Green's Brother in law

Job security. That is whatTori Gurley, Kevin Elliott, Vidal Hazelton and Phil Bates were asking about around this time last year when they were all purged on the same day.

Holy molly :o

I expect he will have a career game on September 30th when the arnots play the Ticats.

I hope this move wasn't just the easiest way to have that jersey available! :-\

Oops! Wrong thread. This was meant for under "Tyms released" rather than here.

OUCH !!! Never thought of it that way . :-\

Just one of the Idiotic moves we've come to be used to with the Cats Organization.
He's a perfect prototypical Receiver That will flourish in the Canadian league.

That is hilarious about making his #2 jersey available for you know who Johnny Football :slight_smile:

Still think we should have kept him a bit longer ..he is better receiver than Aultman , Banks and Junior Collins .

Man another tall receiver in the middle to go with SJ Green for the Ricky Ray and the Argos.

Seems the Ticats organization do not evaluate talent very well from what I have been seeing lately.

How many people would rather have John Chick here instead of 2knd round pick ?

Ask me that again in a couple of years once I see who they pick.

Then again, after Butler's retirement and Laurent's injury, we need a national player on the d-line more than another backup DT. And Tracy with Whitlock as his backup are a pretty good combo, and cheaper than Chick all by himself.

In Hamilton, eight games, sixteen tackles, two sacks. In Edmonton, three games, four tackles, no sacks. On average, just under two tackles per game. Hardly a game changer unless you are in the "don't hear his name because they run away from him" camp. I'm not. Gotta go with CatsFaninOttawa on this one.

At 0-8 Cats did Chick a good vet a favor by shipping him to the then undefeated Esks. A chance to chase a ring.
We can’t stop winning and they can’t stop losing ever since.
Funny how life goes sometimes.