Arash Madani says Genius Sports is Pushing for 4 Downs

Right and right. I’ll live with 4 down football if ‘it happens’.

Our team will continue to play 3 down ball by punting on 3rd down. If every team does the same thing it won’t matter if those jerks force us to change the rules.

1 Like

Next they will want the rouge gone because it will throw havoc into their "anal"ytics

6 Likes

I get tired of constant talk of changing the core game of Canadian football in CFL.

5 Likes

Where’s that “Freedom Convoy” when we really need it?

2 Likes

Yes well “Genius” is the biggest misnomer I have yet come across.

3 Likes

There are lots of other C words. “Continental” was an old league in the 60’s. I’m not sure who owns the rights. They could call it “Country” football league as well. I do hear lots of complaints about the music on TSN.

2 Likes

Instead of ‘Country’ can we call it ‘Rock’? I don’t want to hear someone singing about the cows dying or the chickens not laying eggs before every game starts.

2 Likes

yeha, they make such changes and then they could call it Crap football.

2 Likes

They said something about getting an independent chair for the BoG. Perhaps we see Genius Sports represent and they’ll claim they are independent because they aren’t affiliated with any team.

2 Likes

“The Crap Football League is brought to you by ‘Fiber’. Lots and lots of ‘Fiber’. Stay loose America!”

1 Like

I think we found our leading candidate

3 Likes

If it was true to how the league operates it would be called the “Cheap” football league.

1 Like

Here are some analytics
Shouldn't take a "genius" to figure out!

3 Likes

I agree with the poll but I have to think mostly CFL fans are following CFL News. I think the goal is to attract more fans who aren’t familiar with the league. The age of the people taking the poll isn’t listed either. I think all the 4 downs talk is based on the Leger Poll taken during Christmas.

2 Likes

So alienate your hardcore CFL fans that will gamble,
So the CFL can attract more fringe fans that won’t bet on it because the rouge will mess with the point spread

2 Likes

Who says that a merger isn’t still on the table? Braley is gone - he owned 2 teams at one point - MLSE has allies in MTL, and by my count Hamilton, BC and Calgary - Can’t see the Redblacks going their own direction on this one - And who knows what Elks, Riders and Bombers will do? I think they are adjusting the rules before the merger - MLSE now has the people they want in place in the BoG -

My guess is the XFL is going to come out with their broadcast partners list of teams - They will play a year and the merger happens in year two of the XFL 3.0 -

This seems like a standard play for when companies merge or get bought out - MLSE and TSN might have lost the merger battle but they never did tap out - big outfits like that can fight wars of attrition that last years -

1 Like

The Leger poll indicated that the hardcore fans were only 3% of the population. The league is going by the numbers. I don’t agree with it but I can see what they are thinking.

1 Like

I would like to see experiments in rules in a preseason game scenario every year .

Maybe the last place teams in each division get one more exhibition game between the two and play under one or two changes to rules or some other exhibition game where the game can be evaluated properly with speed ( time ) , base rules or playing dimensions changes .

The evolution of sport in the world seems to be happening to some degree and the CFL should do the same and at least look at it .

The CFL playoffs last year were amazing under three downs but the main season for awhile has stumbled whether lack of practice or QB talent getting thin .

It has had some issues coming out of the gate .

https://2g2ckk18vixp3neolz4b6605-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/CFL-National-Omni-Jan-13-2022.pdf

1 Like

I think that the fix is in - this is just corporate housecleaning prior to the merger - in the last 30 years I have been through a handful of mergers buyouts and having places shut down - everyone laid off - and it always starts with weird shit like this - shit that doesn’t make sense - my sixth sense says this is pre merger corporate cleanup -

if the CFL is playing 4 downs for a season before the merger - the Rock and XFL don’t have to take the PR hit for changing the CFL from 3 to 4 downs -

4 Likes