[April Fools] TiCats to move Temporarily to Rogers Centre??

I just read this in this mornings paper, it was also mentioned on the morning news. This is serious stuff, I'm not sure if I want to attend Ticat home games in Toronto. According to the report on the CH this morning this could be a permanent thing, the team and city are now counting on a new Pan Am stadium but the earliest it could open would be 2013!!

"By Maria Cook, The Hamilton Spectator"
April 1, 2009 03:00 AM

Hamilton - A City of Hamilton structural engineer has stated that an inspection of Ivor Wynne Stadium has revealed hair line cracks in the steel girders that hold up south side stands. The City of Hamilton has ordered the south side stands quarantined and will be unsafe for use.

The City informed their prime tennant the Hamilton Tiger Cats last Friday about the structural problems.
A spokesman for the team stated that talks were underway to allow the club to play out of the Rogers Centre in Toronto. City engineers are doubtful that repairs to Ivor Wynne could completed this year. It will be up to city councillors to decide the fate of the stadium. Councillor Bob Bratina stated that the city cannot afford to repair Ivor Wynne at this time and that the city will make available shuttle busses to take fans to Toronto for all Tiger Cat games. "

Cracks in the girders holding up the south stands ?

I hope this isn't someone's sick idea of an April Fool's joke. If so, I don't see the humour as public safety is a very serious issue.

Look who the poster is. Of course this is a poor attempt at humor and damaging to ticket sales. Thread should be deleted.

This is definetely an April fools joke, Maria Cook writes the healthy eating and active living stories for the spec.

If you are gonna try to fool people at least use the right word.

"codemned" NOT "quarantined"

IWS does not have the measles.

mikem: stop smoking crack

Mikem, your fellow mates don’t seem to have a sense of humour…I was giggling as I was reading the Topic Header! :thup:

I am glad that my seats are on the north side!

It's sad when someone is so humourless that they can't take an April Fool's joke.

If the fictitional story good old prankster mikem wrote was true...

Hamilton - A City of Hamilton structural engineer has stated that an inspection of Ivor Wynne Stadium has revealed hair line cracks

in the steel girders that hold up south side stands.

The City of Hamilton has ordered the south side stands
quarantined and will be unsafe for use.

the newspaper reporter states that the City caught the problem
at a time when no one has been using the stadium for months

and there was no report of the stands tumbling to the ground.

Whose safety would have been at risk?

I thought only you could twist this harmless joke
into a bad news macabre story, deerhunter,

but I see HfxTC was offended by the story, too.

well, I cancelled my tickets cus I never liked the north stands and theres no way i will chance sitting in the south ones......hopefully the shuttle buses have bathrooms.

dood if this weren’t an April fools joke and we had to go to Rogers Center I’d be pretty po’d lol. I love Ivor Wynne Stadium. GO CATS GO! East division champions 2009 :rockin:

Lol this is something you don’t wanna joke about, you could have a riot on your hands :smiley:

Mr. Ron;

I don’t know if you’ve got some kind of jurisdiction over the posters here but it appears from what I’ve been reading, you believe you do. What I notice clearly is that you seem to focus on telling people what they can and can not think.
That’s ugly and gross.

You should let people have opinions.
That’s what website forums are for.
Offer your own opinion on a topic, but don’t suggest other people can’t also offer opinions by running them down for doing so.

I think it’s pretty basic good manners.

Seriously, you people need to lighten up and take the days postings with a grain of salt, KNOWING what today is.. it's a harmless post..

Some people need a sense of humour for crying out loud!!!

I don't tell people what they can think or not think about football topics,

but when a post is about an everyday life situation like mikem's post

which made no reference to anybody being in danger or harmed,

and he is accused of making a joke about the serious topic of public safety,

am I not allowed to question the logic of those remarks, deerman?

P.S.

Come on, deerhunter, drop it,

your comprehension skills are better than
you pretend them to be in these forums.

I can't beleive that people actually got mad at this.......IT'S A JOKE!! WOW! I suggest subscribing to the comedy network, then sit in front on the TV and don't move for a good couple days.....maybe you will gain a sense of humour?

people got mad cuz its not funny. in fact it’s not even close, it gave people a scare of having to trek to Toronto and sit among argos fans in THEIR den for once. Hell on earth lol. But i gotta admit it’s worse for them coming here.