Anyone with me?

I've been a Ticat fan for 30 years and if Bob Young says he's moving the team to Burlington or Oakville I'm demanding a REFUND for my SEASONS TICKETS. Is anyone with me? am I out of place? this team outside of Hamilton is not a good thing. 100 hundred years plus of history. Come on Bob Young, I like you don't get me wrong but if that's what it is I'm out. It will hurt but I'm out.

Pulling the fire alarm a little early, no?

ive been a diehard,,season ticket holder since i was 14 (27 years),,,after the way this stupid city treats their pro teams,,i hope he moves them to burlington,,but that wont happen,,,oakville cause of logistics id prob have to give up my season tickets.the only reason this city even has a team last 6 years or so is because of bob young.

He said, “if”.

Yup. I’d be in.

But, I don’t think that’s gonna happen.

Remember the damage control that was done when the Spec mischaracterized what he said about an Aldershot location?

what choice dose bob
(1)have sell take a huge loss
(2) Stay in Current purposed location take a huge loss
(3) Stay at IWS Take a Loss
(4) Move out of Hamilton get a Stadium that will Make a Profit for the Ticats

I take 4 anyday over losing Money !!

Where is the money coming from for these cities can someone please inform me. If he has investors why have none stepped forward yet to back up his case. If he is going to go at it alone then why is he even bothering with the city. Do you think the city of Burlington with a population of 150,000 or Oakville can afford to hand over 100million. The provincial government wont give any neither will federal as it will be give to U of T. Didn't Burlington already lose a soccer stadium from the games how will a football stadium change their arguements.

I would take 4 too!

How about these four choices:
(1)have sell take a profit
(2)Stay in Current purposed location take a profit
(3)Stay at IWS Take a Loss
(4)Move out of Hamilton get a Stadium that will Make a Loss for the Ticats

Out of this list I’d take 1 or 2.

I like this game. It’s fun.

How he going to make Profit from Selling Kirk?
Bob has Stated he losing money
(1) The Katz Group will Low Ball him cause they know he wants out = a Loss.
(2) He said the Current Prosed Location He Lose 7 Millon a year (That maybe Far Featched but he still lose money)
(3) We agree on #3
(4) And We diagree on 4

If he moves to Burlington/Oakville/Mississauga the possibility is very real that he could lose even more money then the Habour front. Why you ask brand loyality could and would play a huge part in customer retention. It is a real possibilty and from studies in my Business classes that you have to bank on 35-50% of your customer base not following you to your new location. Will he be able gain new customer to replace the old I'd bank on no. Remember it costs more to aquire a new customer then to retain your old ones. Either way he will lose some fan base in this move, but I honestly think moving them from Hamilton to Burlington will drive away the older generation of fans and I really don't think there is enough support in Burlington to gain a worth while amount of new ones. Brand loyality is one of the biggest ways for profit and relocating a team is essentially rebranding a team. Current fans won't feel the connection they once had. From my stand point relocating has a bigger chance of failure then success. If its announced this year he plans to move the team he best be out of here in a year cause I imagine he won't receive any breaks at IWS from the city and the loss of fans will be huge. Just my 2 cents.

Why does it matter WHERE they are? they will still be the Tiger Cats - If it’s Bulington that’s great it’s very close and the team will finally have a chance to make some money and have long term future.
The New York Jets and New York Giants are not in New York. The Buffalo Bills are not in Buffalo, the Miami Dolphins are not in Miami I could go on.

NO I’M NOT WITH YOU a true fan supports his team no matter where they are.
Good luck on getting a ticket refund…lol

Well for starters, the team will not be moving before December 2010 so I don’t see how you can get a refund on tickets, for a season, that will not involve relocation. :roll:

I think I ll wait until Bob Young makes a comment this week and frankly if it is Aldershot I have no beef with that at all.

Not like we havent heard a million times before that theres a season ticket holder out there willing to give up and blame the team from owner to water boy !!!

I ask you all how much have you invested in urban renewal?

Why do so many of you believe that Bob has to say yes to any plan never mind this bad one at HW?

Why was the plan designed to hang the TiCats out to dry and dependent upon their LARGE CASH investment to be successful,?

As for moving the article clearing states (if true at all) that there has been contact from these other Cities and not that the TiCats are looking to them.

Call your mayor and commit YOUR CASH to the urban renewal project or otherwise sit back and wait to see want happens if you decide to sit back and wait then you are making the same decision as Bob Young has at this moment.

Urban renewal is not Bob Youngs expense!!!!! ITS THE TAX PAYERS EXPENSE

Great Post I agree 200%

Great comments by everyone but one person said why does it matter where they play because they'll still be the Tiger-Cats. True, but they won't be in Hamilton and that matters to me. I will not support this team outside of Hamilton. It will be a hard thing to do but 100 years of history in Hamilton and 30 years of my time and money spent on season's tickets is where the team needs to be for me. HTC - Hamilton Tiger-Cats. I'm glad to see other are willling to walk away from Bob and his no so brilliant idea of moving the team if it happens. It has to stay in Hamilton....

Oskee Wee Wee!!!

Urban renewal is not Bob Youngs expense!!!!! ITS THE TAX PAYERS EXPENSE
On that note it can easily be argued a new stadium for the Cats should not be a tax payer exspense it should be a Bob Young exspense. There is probably a majority of people who don't want this stadium period. In this case it has to work both ways really. There has to be something outside just a stadium for the Cat's and something outside just urban renewal for the city. A middle ground that will mutually benefit both. As it stands both currently want it to only benefit themself.

No. They are the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.

NO I'M NOT WITH YOU a true fan supports his team no matter where they are
No. They would not be my team. They would be another team. Someone else's team.

That was the Pan Am committee’s formula. Should caretaker get a free stadium at the expense of the taxpayer, most of whom don’t care about going to Tiger-Cat games?

If just 10% of the city’s population attended each game, with no out of towners at all, the tabbies wuold have 50,000 at every game.

Call your mayor and commit YOUR CASH to the urban renewal project or otherwise sit back and wait to see want happens if you decide to sit back and wait then you are making the same decision as Bob Young has at this moment.
What are you talking about? The city of Hamilton [u][i]is[/i][/u] committing it's cash, more than any other contributor.
:thup: :thup:

There your Hamilton Fan Not a Ticat Fan

I am Ticat Fan not a Hamilton Fan

HTC: I don’t think Bob will move the team very far. He is still a Hamilton boy and I think he is committed to the Tiger-Cat fans in the Hamilton area.
If he does decide to move to another city like London or Moncton then he can expect to have a legacy he probably he does not want… “the guy who took “Hamilton” out of the HamiltonTiger-Cats.”
Don’t forget what happened when the Brooklyn Dodgers moved to LA after the 1957 season…many former Brooklyn Dodger fans have still not forgiven Walter O’Malley for moving the team. It happened because he could not get a new stadium either!