Anyone watch Mark and Bubba tonight?

I stopped watching the show when I discovered that TBS (aka Peachtree TV) was showing back to back episodes of The Big Bang Theory at the same time… :smiley:

They are both idiots. they only talk about the cfl when they have a topic that makes the league look bad, or they twist it so the league looks bad or "bush" as hebsy likes to say, and bubba is a moron i stopped following him on twitter because of his stupid comments, why talk about the cfl if you despise it as much as these 2 do, just pretend your based out of new york or boston and talk about the nfl the whole show make it bubba and hebsy's nfl show, big bang theory worst show on tv behind sportsline. so corny and not funny at all IMO

Was reading some articles about Gretzky and his going to LA to sell the game of hockey in the US and help get more US markets and a television contract etc. Liked this line by McNall:

Bruce McNall, former Los Angeles Kings owner
"I've got to do something radical to sell hockey in L.A. and there's no name in hockey like Wayne Gretzky."

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/story/10924059

I hate that show, it's a complete rip off of Pardon the interruption.

Probably should let this rest but I do find it facinating, funny fascinating, how some people might think the Ray trade is part of a conspiracy on part of the league to get the Argos to the GC next year for the 100th. And some parallel to the Gretzky trade. Here's what someone wrote on a hockey board way back, thought I"d share:

[i]The NHL is by definition a conspiracy and at the time they were conspiring like crazy. The NHL was expanding to the southern United States. San Jose was coming into the NHL, and Anaheim was going to follow.

Everybody realized what was going on. Bruce McNall, the LA Kings owner (he later served time for fraud) made no bones about it. He made the deal to put hockey on the map in California. The best part from his perspective is that he got his money back and more when Anaheim had to pay him to share the market. Gretzky knew that was his job.

Pocklington insisted that Gretzky initiated the trade. Gretzky denied that through his friend and teammate Eddie Mio. Pocklington even claimed Gretzky's tearful farewell was an act. "Wayne believes he can revive hockey in the United States or make it a sport to be watched by millions more. Wayne has an ego the size of Manhattan."

At the press conference Gretzky said, "We need the Los Angeles Kings in the NHL and hopefully I can go down there and get some enthusiam and a winning attitude that they haven't had down there in 20 years."[/i]

http://hfboards.com/archive/index.php/t-109831.html