Anyone been at practice this week.....Changes?

Wondering what changes in personnel the team is looking at.

Assume Johnston will be in at LB.
Hoping Setta is fine.
How does Cobb look, and what is the status of Smith and Caulley?
Is Ball really injured??
Hudson starting???
Bradley must be at one corner spot!!!

Cobb looks good as for him starting that could be possible
Setta still not 100% But I'd take a Setta at 85 to half kickers in the league
Plus with have Stalla as a Backup.
Johnston is getting a looking at Wil Linebacker or Weakside

Their looking at Cory Grant. I'm starting to get worried.

They're testing him should we need him. When we will need him? If and only if Bauman or Stala go down. That's it. We're not looking for him to be a star N/I WR for us like most think.

I am SHOCKED that Bradley is not a starting CB.

Does anyone else wonder what happened?
His replacement was leess than good in the first game.
Bradley was easily our best DB last year!

Yeah, I'm a fan of Bradley's play too.

I sure miss him at the CB position.

Grant probably knows Gibson's system better than anybody we have. He started on the Grey Cup champions just 2 years ago... hes the perfect fit at wide side wideout for us right now, even more than Bauman. If the receivers had issues making the right reads and running the right routes in this new system, Grant could be the perfect guy right now.

What?? Haven't there been arguments all week about Porter vs. Glenn -- and the resounding consensus is that Porter will continue to start? If Cobb starts, I really can't imagine that going over well with Porter or Glenn...or the rest of the players, or the media, or the fans, etc...

?????????????????????????????i do not understand

The Ticats I Really Low at RB with a Rash of Injuries
Terry and Tre have not Been in Pads All Week..
John Willams & Cobb has has some 1st Team Reps But well see depth Chart Thursday .

this came as a surprise to me too.

i watched smith pretty closely on July 1, and failed to see how his play was superior to bradley.

if johnston is going in a weakside, does that mean floyd will play and Sam, keeping haley at MAC? i wasn't that impressed by Haley. he should really anchor the othe Lb's but he sorta seemed to be MIA on most plays. total 3 tackles in the last game.

Knowlton, who i thought didn't really fill that gaps that well, still managed 8 solo tackles.

LB74, Edwards' blog indicates that Floyd is moving to MLB, and Knowlton stays where he is, so Haley is probably sitting this one, and the Cats will have an all Lions LB crew.

I didn't watch all of the first game but I did notice on one of Robertson's big gains to the outside that Haley should probably have held up and cut off the cut back lane, but he went for the big hit, Robertson avoided it, and Haley took out both Floyd and the DB who were forcing Robertson to cut back in the first place. He looks like he has the size and the speed to be a good MLB, but maybe he still needs to learn to read the plays at the CFL level.

Yeah...those running game injuries really hurt. It's too bad. Coming into the season I thought that would really help Porter's transition -- knowing that we had a very good running threat.

Did Cobb play the preseason games? I never saw them, but some of you guys speak real highly of him -- got me curious now. Is there any way some kind of positive platooning could work...kinda like how they do it in BC? I mean, Porter could still be considered the starter, and play, say, 70% of the game. But, might be a nice shakeup to help keep the defence honest.

I just worry that (like...well, since the turn of the century), our offence is way too predictable. Any wrinkle might help.

[/quote]
?? Haven’t there been arguments all week about Porter vs. Glenn – and the resounding consensus is that Porter will continue to start? If Cobb starts, I really can’t imagine that going over well with Porter or Glenn…or the rest of the players, or the media, or the fans, etc…
[/quote]
Did Cobb play the preseason games? I never saw them, but some of you guys speak real highly of him – got me curious now. Is there any way some kind of positive platooning could work…kinda like how they do it in BC? I mean, Porter could still be considered the starter, and play, say, 70% of the game. But, might be a nice shakeup to help keep the defence honest.

I just worry that (like…well, since the turn of the century), our offence is way too predictable. Any wrinkle might help.
[/quote]
I might be misreading your posts but I think you might be missing the fact that Cobb is a RB and Porter is a QB and will be playing two different positions.

And there's the hitch.
That's exactly it!!! Thanks for clearing that...LOL!! Hopefully that initial post makes more sense now...surprised no one knocked it down a bit earlier. Thanks again.

I didn't see him on the sidelines last game so im guessing hes hurt... if not they really need to change there thinking and start him.

did anyone at practise notice if he was out there?

No Really did not Notice maybe ronfromtigertown did