Anybody know what the price is to BUY officials???

It sure seemed like the officials for tonights game were on Saskatchewans payroll!!

Although we did get away with a few obvious peneltys we wern’t the only guilty ones. There were also a few peneltys on Winnipeg that were never called. It goes both ways and in the end the peneltys wouldn’t have made a difference. Turnovers did…

Rider Nation :rockin:

We didn’t play well and your right the turnovers hurt us. The team has some work to do but I still believe we are a better team then last year. We just have to be patience and keep on cheering.

i'm pretty sure that 45-16 (the last TD was at the end...) was not due to the officials...

Tell that to the guy that called the PI on Knowlton when Bratton (aka Christiano Ronaldo) CLEARLY took a dive and even Gord and Matt basically said WTF?ok...?...

Over the 2 games, penalties for Sask. 14-133.....Winn. 28-267. I don't think it was a coincidence that the only quarter the officials started to call the penalties fairly was the 1st of this game and Winn. was leading 10-0. On the first Getzlaf TD, before the ball got to the receiver, I was calling holding. One Bomber's helmet was ripped off...no call! Anyone who thinks the refereeing ( or lack of) doesn't influence the outcome, should try watching a little closer. The hit on Buck was replayed several times and compared to the Ham. hit on Buck... very similar except for one detail that nobody has brought up. The Sask. hit was helmet to helmet and he lowered his head so the top of the helmet hit first. I thought this was illegal..no call! After these 2 non-calls, it seemed Sask. realized it was going to have carte blanche on penalties once again and the game changed. Doesn't it seem a little ironic that the Bombers couldn't do anything that got them here and Sask. didn't do anything that had kept them in the basement and this change all happened overnight!!

…One-sided refereeing…yup…I don’t like to blame the striped guys for losses but the penalties have been obviously slanted toward gramps and his last place riders…The hold on Odell was so bloody obvious AND they had the nerve to call a pass interference on us all in the same play :lol: …What a joke… :thdn: The standard of CFL refs. has slipped, as far as i’m concerend…NOT ONLY in our game but in the Ham./ALS. game as well…If you were watching, an official was standing right on top of the play where a Glenn pass was called a completion when everyone in the land could see it was an obvious drop… Good thingTrestman challenged it and it was over turned…Atrocious call …A man with a white-cane could do a better job than some of these guys…In any event i alluded to the fact we coughed-up the ball too often…The penalties…called and not called killed us…I hope we see some improvement in the officiating in the next 2 games as they are against division rivals…although i won’t hold my breath… :roll: :roll:

:thup:
:thup:

Buck’s helmet was popped off by a shoulder pad to the helmet, not a helmet to helmet. Dressler was mugged on two long balls that if at least one of those was called, the Riders score on that drive. Durant did a hook slide at least twice in that game resulting in a Winnipeg player still hitting Durant as he was going down. IMO there were certainly missed calls both ways and they evened out in the end. The Bombers lost because Pierce tossed 5 picks resulting in 28 Saskatchewan points.

You can’t argue that the Rider’s got screwed on the refs in either game. Were there missed calls against the bombers that would’ve benefited the Riders? Absolutely. There will be missed calls in every game obviously. But with such a huge differential in penalty calls? Sask benefited by twice the yardage on the field and most of the calls against the Riders came late in the game when the game was salted away. Look at that spear by Hill on Stewart in the labour day game that got stewart ejected - a low hit on something that had nothing to do with a football play away from the play, nothing after the fact from the league office. That said the Bombers did not lose by the flag alone, they deserved to lose both games with what they put on the field.

Buck's helmet was popped off by a shoulder pad to the helmet, not a helmet to helmet. Dressler was mugged on two long balls that if at least one of those was called, the Riders score on that drive. Durant did a hook slide at least twice in that game resulting in a Winnipeg player still hitting Durant as he was going down. IMO there were certainly missed calls both ways and they evened out in the end. The Bombers lost because Pierce tossed 5 picks resulting in 28 Saskatchewan points.
[/quote]
You really need to look at the hit again. Unless Butlers shoulders are above his head, this is a helmet to helmet hit. The video is on this sites home page.

Spear?? First it was Robinson, and second it is called a cut block. Stewart was playing tight on that play, Robinson cut him (from experience not a fun thing to have done to you) and Stewart starting raining down punches. As far as I know, cut blocks in a one on one situation are still legal. Punching guys has never been.

While I agree that the reffing could have been better, It was not the reason you lost either game, and even if the reffing was completely down the middle for fairness (I contend it was, and if it wasn’t it wasn’t intentional), the bombers plain and simple did more things that were penalty worthy. That was why they had more calls against them.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-T_5S488nU&feature=player_embedded]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-T_5S48 ... r_embedded[/url]

here is the hit. check the third replay, about 15 sec mark. Butler clearly had his helmet beside bucks helmet, If they did hit at all it was glancing. the facemask definitely did get hit by the shoulder pad, which is why I think it popped off. Regardless it was a clean hit, and a damn good one. That hit right there is why I watch football.

I thought the same thing when I first saw it but if you look at all the angles, Butler makes a clear and distinct effort at the last moment to move his head to his left and put his bars into Buck’s right shoulder. And I’m glad that he did because he has had some questionable tackling tactics at times this year.

Not much sense wasting time discussing the refs because it is what it is and will not change. I admire all the players who while subjected to all those adversities keep playing their best game in and game out. The players in this league are dished out a lot more frustration than is acceptable in any sport. And they call this a professional league.

Like I said if you read my post completely, I agreed that there were blown calls both ways the refing is not IMO why the bombers lost. Good teams need to overcome that. I’m not blaming either of the 2 losses on the refs. I am though questioning the quality of the refing. You are correct in that it was Robinson and not hill. However a receiver doesn’t cut throw a cut block at the snap of the ball when the ball is no where near them in play, its completely unnecessary. The play call is a run up the middle, Robinson is far away from the play when he feels the need to throw a cut block at Stewarts knees. Watch for yourself if you need to refresh your memory.

http://watch.tsn.ca/cfl-news-and-highlights/#clip526944 at the 1:08 mark. This play had nothing to do with a good football play, I don’t see how anyone can argue it was. Stewart threw punches because it clearly had nothing to do with the play going on and could have cause a serious injury. Would have I liked to see more composure from Stewart? yes. Do I fault him for defending himself against a dirty play as such? No.

.....Anyone..and i mean anyone not seeing that grab by lead-feet Slowspeed on Odell Willis is just not being observant or blind....That was a crucial turning point...The Bombers would have definitely sacked Durant..(therefore no PI call) or at least his pass attempt would've been a toss out of bounds...RESULT ...field position Bombers and a likey score as riders were on their own five yd' line...Just a horrendous miss, by that official ,who was standing right on top of the play... :thdn:.The cough-up by Cory Watson resulting in a rider possession was debatable ...but that hold on Willis...NO-WAY...just b.s. reffing.......BUT like Wolverine and i have said ...we lost because of mistakes by the officials AND ourselves...We better back to basics

If the Butler hit was a glancing blow to the head, it's still a blow to the head. I thought rules were in place to protect QBs from just this sort of thing. It seems this year Buck is a free target. Wait till Durant gets some and then watch the crying.... I've seen many games where one team is penalized for 3 quarters till the game is out of reach, then the winning team gets penalties to even up the stats, it looks good in the papers..... Always the same answers when it comes to reffing...And I have to wonder about a team that pretty well refused to play for a coach for 8 games and gets him fired. In comes grampa Miller and everything is all warm and fuzzy again. I'd be ashamed and embarrassed, but that's just me.

Dan your last point has had me wondering as well. Did the Riders go into the tank in order to get Marshall fired and get Miller back? I'm sure no one will ever admit to that. . . but given the disparity in the performances by the Riders, you sure have to wonder. . .