Any intelligent commentary?

Making a "physical mistake" happens - you had to be at the right place, at the right time to make a physical mistake (missed tackle, etc.) However, "mental mistakes" are completely preventable. They are the only ones that are completely controlled by the player, and are irrelevant of most other factors in a game, except maybe fatigue or a genuine lack of experience or knowledge.

What are we doing to curb the mental mistakes? Fines, punishments, etc have not been working. What is left? Being accountable to your team mates is one thing, but what else?

It frustrates me to watch the Ticats play because it's clear that they want to win, but are consistently taking one step forward and two backwards. The issue is not Maas, Taafe or any particular player. The issue is psychological and something that has become a part of the team's culture.

Its time that we forget talk about "winning the next three to make the playoffs" and we start talking about "winning our next one on one." Winning starts with individuals doing their job everytime. Getting beat as an O-lineman is not the end of the world. Not recognizing the blitz and missing your assignment is - atleast for the QB who may not get up.

Its time we become a details oriented team. Winning is in the details and we're not there yet. Communication is also key, as is trust that your team-mate will do his job. But if we can start to tie together all the details that make up our offensive and defensive schemes, then we will start to execute to our potential. When we start to execute, then we will start to win the individual battles. When we start to win the individual battles, well, we may actually start to win.

PLAYERS: Focus, concentrate, and be professionals. No more mental mistakes - you control them all.

Far to often the guy who made a mistake the week before is at home concentrating on his next job.

It certainly does come back to taking it one play and at time and beating the guy in front of you more often than he beats you. It's a team game, but for the team to look good, everyone simply has to do their job, not more, not less.

I wonder how big an effect the short play clock versus the NFL's and only having one time out per half effects a "young" teams ability to perform. I would think a extra time out or two would give more opportunity to regroup during a game?