Anwar Stewart and our Defence

Let's give Anwar Stewart a show at DE

He was just released from Calgary and Peguese , Boudreaux , and Shomari Williams could learn from him.

This move makes sense to finish out the D-fence

DE DT DT DE
Anwar Stewart Torey Davis T MOORE PEGUESSE
Shomari Williams BULCKE BOUDREAUX or PEACH

SAM LB MLB SHORT SIDE LB
KNOWLTON REY WILLIAMS JAMAL JOHNSON
LAWRENCE M. BOWMAN
Shomari Williams
CB CB
BEASLEY McCollough, Evan
HINDS

HB HB
COLCLOUGH DEE WEBB
Bo Smith

S
                             James Patrick
                             Bucknor

Sorry to rain on your parade, but isn't past his "best buy" date yet?

He is not as good as he was but he still has something left in the tank and is very valuable CFL experience and Grey Cups.
He is much better than any DE we currenlty have and can teach Peguesse and Shomari the ropes .
I also noticed that last year the younger DE’s were easily tricked and unable to provide controlled pressure

You've been calling for Anwar Stewart for some time. No offense, but you need to give it up. Bringing Stewart in is NOT what this team needs. It's not what they needed last year and it's not what they need this year. He could be a good teacher, but if that is all he will be used for, make him a coach. As a player, his expiration date has passed.

Thanks for noticing Blogskee...:slight_smile:

Do you have any other ideas for our pass rush and defensive end position ? Right now we have no pass rush and maybe one guy that has potential in Pegeuse...

Shomari Williams is too small and has not shown a pass rush
Peach is more of a bull rusher with no outside move
Bordeaux seems not stromg or fast enough
Summers have not seen enough of
Mcelveen..is ok more so at DT

We lost out on Willis and we lost Hickman, Baggs and Mcintyre

Your threads are sometimes hard to take seriously because you're approaching this like we have any say over this rather than just as an open discussion. These topics are a lot more interesting when you deal with things in a realistic way such as a fan watching for team transactions.

Although the D line left a lot to be desired in 2012 the issue was more the 8-9 guys playing behind them. Hence most of the signings being LB's and DB's so far.

I don’t think Stewart is what you need now. He’d be a good rotation guy to bring experience and help an already strong defensive line. He’s not a go-to guy at this stage in his career.

I’m no expert, but I have the same sense of it. Whether we’ll have room on the roster for that sort of role I don’t know.

And there’s the SMS as well. Gonna be super-interesting to see how each team’s defense shapes up in the division. Obviously Toronto is now the team to beat (arg, felt the bile rising in the throat just saying that!), and Winnipeg’s D should be solid again. Montreal and Hamilton are the wildcards. Both teams have been going through DCs like they’re going out of style, at the rate of one DC per year for the last four years (Steinhauer, Creehan, Chamblin, Marshall; Thorpe, Reinebold, Tibesar, Burke). Each team needs stability and consistency on that side of the ball.

Peguese and Boudreaux are both better than Anwar Stewart right now.

Jim Popp made the right move when he cut Stewart. A great player in his day, however that day has passed him by. Time to hang them up and be thankfull for what he had accomplished.

lets call on montford he was great in his day im sure his tank aint totally empty..... Anwar is needing to hang them up like we all will have to one day

I hope we upgrade from Peach.
He was the one underwhelming guy IMO on the DLine.