Anticipated cuts and practice roster

There is no way they put Boltus on the practice squad and risk another CFL team picking him up. From what I understand the team is very high on his skills and potential. I guarantee they come up with some fake injury and put him on Injured reserve so he is unavailable for other teams to pick up.

That is probably the reason why they did not pay him at all last game. If they were going to cut him they would have done it already. They obviously had their mind made up prior to the Toronto game.

no team is gunna take Boltus off of the PR, you wouldnt take a guy that hasnt played a single down in Canada, especially someone has raw as Boltus (he went to Hartwick) and we signed Boltus with what? 2 weeks before rookie camp? if other teams wanted him that badly they would have signed him before then.

I had no idea teams could just "take" our practise roster players?

Prechae was on the PR list last year for about 3 weeks or so, luckily no one grabbed him..

I've barely seen Boltus play, but the school he played for was as small as you could get. I've never even heard of Hartwick. IMO, import QB's like him come around all the time.

Here is an excerpt from a 2006 article that clarifies how the practice roster “protection” works (my emphasis added):

"Maciocia is just as happy with the new rule to protect practice roster players.

In the past, a team could steal a practice roster player from the opposition without any written notification.

Now, an interested team must make their intentions known in writing and wait seven days for a reply.

“I love it. You work so hard to develop (a player) and you want to keep him,” said Maciocia.

“And the (opposing) team isn’t forcing your hand right away (with the new rule).”

[b]Once written notice has been given from an opposing club, the team holding the player on the practice roster has seven days to sign him to a contract and move him to the active roster.

If that doesn’t happen, the opposing team receives the player’s rights but must sign him and place him on the roster for two consecutive games."
[/b]

[url=http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/Edmonton/2006/01/19/1401644-sun.html]http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/ ... 4-sun.html[/url]

Arguably the most notorious example of “snatching” from the practice rosters before these changes was the Als’ signing of Ezra Landry from the Esks’ list in 2004. The “gentleman’s agreement” not to poach other clubs ended with that precedent.

Oski Wee Wee,

I went to every training camp practice, watched/listened to the Winnipeg game, and was in attendance for the game against the blue team. So here is my take on who the cuts and PR spots will be...

Cuts

DB - Melvin Matlock
DB - Lamont Reid
DB - Desman Stephen
RB/FB - Andre Sadeghian
LB - Isaac Brown
LB - Cameron Siskowic (if not released he will be added to the Injured List)
LB/LS - Jordan Matechuk
OL - Dan Oliphant
OL - Francis Daneau,
DL -Garrett McIntyre
DL - Demonte' Bolden
DL - Scott McCuaig (if not released he will be added to, Injured List or Practice roster )
DL - Alan Harper
DL - Khari Long
DL - J.P.Bekasiak (if not released he will be added to, Practice roster )
WR - Jacob Willis
WR - Eddie Cohen

Practice Roster

DB - Cody Williams
S - Sean Manning
LB - Matt Castelo
OL - Albert Toeaina
WR - Marquay McDaniel
WR - Cassidy Doneff

This morning's entry on Drew Edwards' Scratching Post blog still has no news on Ticat cuts but it does have links to stories on cuts made by B.C. and Montreal.

http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/

In one of those links, Herb Zurkowsky of the Montreal Gazette reports that middle linebacker Reggie Hunt and defensive back Stanford Samuels will be released if the Alouettes are unable to trade them.

[url=http://communities.canada.com/montrealgazette/blogs/thesnap/archive/2009/06/25/banks-hits-dead-end-with-als.aspx]http://communities.canada.com/montrealg ... h-als.aspx[/url]

I think the following guys from last year's team could get chopped:

-Siskowic
-Bekesiak
-Cohen
-Manning

And Lawrence Gordon seems to have fallen out of favour with the Ticat brass. Could he be gone too?

Gordon could be cut or demoted - Bo Smith might have beaten him out. Gordon would be a good backup, and potentially an import safety if we play a NI somewhere else...

Is Barker out for how long, this guy seems pretty fragile. Will he be a starter, cant have your starter on the injury list each year.

from riderfans.com:

The Roughriders have released the following players:
Non-Import DL Nuvraj Bassi
Import WR Todd Blythe
Non-Import K/P Jeff Bolen
Import WR Brandon Childress
Import RB Jason Geathers
Non-Import DB Sasha Glavic
Import QB Juan Joseph
Import WR Casey McGahee
Import LB Sam Olajabutu
Import DL David Patterson
Import LB Brandon Perkins
Non-Import OL Brad Peters
Import WR Byron Ross
Import DL Seante Williams
Import DB Jerron Wishom

no surprises really, former ti-cat Sasha Glavic who we sent over to get Yannick Carter

still waiting on final cuts from the stamps, eskies, blue team, bombers, and of course, Hamilton.

Is the deadline midnight tonight. or noon today? :?

is not midnight i no that, i thought it was like 1 est.

It's 3pm today.

I highly doubt that.
The rule is that the CFL clubs MUST submit their final roster by 3:00 P.M. today.
So we will know by then, at the very least. If not from the website, then from CHML Sports.

:cowboy: :cowboy: :cowboy:

I would like the Cats to pick up Blythe from the Riders, big, tall and can catch. We most likely will not pick him up at this point, but with injuries he could be a real nice asset.

We may not find out all of the cuts until later today or tomorrow because they have to file it with the league by 3pm. That doesn’t mean the media is going to get to it by then.

Drew Edwards made that blog update last night, meaning we wouldnt know anything about cuts LAST NIGHT

looks like i was right,

http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/

guillory has been cut

I was close in my list, too!

Not too bad if I do say so my self… 9 for 17, that is… 52.94%… LOL :lol: :lol: :thup: