Anthony Davis traded to Argos

I may not post often, however I state only facts when I do. I also don't question others names as to the validity of their posts.

The Cats got a good receiver in Murphy, he's big and he lead the Argos in receiving for most of the season when Bruce was injured.

Murphy lead the Argos in receiving for most of the season until Bruce came back. You Ticat fans are sooo damn negative. You got a good receiver and you still have Cauley and the Lummer.

Hey Blitz21! How does your foot taste ????
AW c'mon have a laff,everybody makes a mistake now and then !

I like this trade for a couple of reasons. First, we already have two starting calibre running backs so finding a third string runner shouldn't be too challenging. Second, we need better receivers. I don't know how good he is, but I'm glad we're adding a guy with some experience instead of trying to find stud rookie receivers. And finally, I like the fact that we didn't trade away a draft pick. Far too often in the past we trade for a player and it costs us a Canadian which is the lifeblood of a team. I think this is a fair gamble with the potential to have a great upside. Plus, we aren't losing too much.

Well said…Welcome to Hamilton Frank :thup:

Ticats have the advantage in this trade, sorry to all the negative nellies.
Murphy was always in the shadow of Bruce, until Bruce was injured, and especially since Bruce was Pinballs 'boy' on the Argos receiving corps.
I think that given an honest chance Murphy will rise to the occasion.
Great first trade for the new GM.
Well done O'bie!!!

Not sure about this one Caully has a history of injuries and we know about the Lummer. Davis was a hard nose RB that never reached his potential because of his lack of regular use. I think we will have to wait till next season to see how this plays out. I think some of us fans are a little nervous about some embarrassing bad trades last year. :oops:

good trade. A.D was a 3rd stringer and we got a reciver that has potential to start. even if he dossnt make the team in traning camp he will push our other recivers

[quote="ticats111"]Brock Ralph: 50 rec 721 yds 3 td's
Jason Armstead: 46 Rec's 618 yds 1 TD
Jason French: 34 Rec's 417 yds 4 TD's
Chris Bauman: 30 rec's 350 yd's 0TD's
Nate Curry: 30 rec's 320 yds 1 TD
JoJo Walker: 29 rec's 288 yd's 2TD's
how many more average receivers do we need?

Frank Murphy 37 carries for 614 yards - in 16 games! I'd say better than average for this team.

It's a good trade regardless of what happens with Davis. He was a 3rd stringer. You can afford to trade away a depth guy like that and just bring in another RB.

From whatever games I watched Murphy always impressed me so i think it's a win win trade for both teams.

When a trade is done properly it's not about who won or loss. It's about your team being better after the trade and I think the Cats are better today than they were yesterday.

This really was a good trade for us... and even if Anthony Davis comes back to haunt us its not like we dont have depth at the RB position.

Lumsden and Caulley are great running backs. Davis is a good back, but we don't need him because we have good depth with Lumsden and Caulley. We do need receivers who have proved they can play in the CFL when given the chance, however, and Murphy can play.

Good trade Obie. Keep wheeling and dealing, please.

(I think Radelein and Ralph will be trade bait next).

Where is the “WHAT HE SAID” emoticon?

Welcome to Hamilton Mr. MURPHY! :thup:

OMG we ripped them off so badly with this deal it is unreal. Frank Murphy is going to be a great receiver in this league, he is one of those guys I saw who has huge potential but wasn't really producing because of who he was behind. This guy is everything you want in a slot back, size (but is tough unlike guys like Kwame Cavil etc) he has speed, and good hands.

Nice to see a deal made that doesn’t include pilfering our future… I think this deal makes sense, we NEED receivers with CFL experience and dealt from a position of great strength… Nice job Obie!

Keep them coming…

Agreed...Good Deal!

We get a guy that was the first replacement (and leading receiver) to get to play for the Argo's star studded receiving corps, for the price of a #3 RB.

I like AD and wish him well, but in fact he is a north/south runner who didn't break the big runs.

I like Obie taking such an exchange of talent off the Double Blue, too!

Please, Obie, can we have some more?

I don’t get how my fellow ticat fans think. Maybe we’ve had one too many bad GMs who have poisoned your minds. SOMETIMES IN SPORT YOU HAVE TO WEAKEN A STRENGTH IN ORDER TO STRENGTHEN A WEAKNESS. In this case, we were VERY strong at RB and having Davis as a 3rd stringer was a total waste. That’s how sport works folks. As for Davis, he is a fine RB, but he was expendable. Murphy, in his first year in the CFL caught for over 600 yards. On a team with some poor receivers, he could step up and be a premiere receiver. How many receivers catch over 100 yards in their first season??

Umm, don’t we have enough Canadians on the team?
Lumsden
Loescher
Ralph
Baumann
Donnelly
Dyakowski
Mariuz
Beveridge
Radlein
and many more…

We have some of the best Canadian talent in the league, especially as it pertains to the first four listed. WE DON’T NEED ANYMORE!! WE HAD LIKE SEVEN OF THE FIRST 20 PICKS IN LAST YEAR’S DRAFT!! Our weakness lies more with our imports. Obie (and he has given the impression that he is happy with the Ticats Canadian content) is better to trade the #1 draft pick for a good import. And heck, he may get a GREAT import if he offers the #1 and #9 (1st pick in 2nd round) picks.

Both teams have addressed deficient parts of their offence by making this trade. Murphy, who averaged 16.6 yards per catch last year, gives the Ticats an intermediate to deep receiving threat with good hands. Davis, who averaged 5.9 yards a carry in limited action last year, gives the Argos a young, competitive alternative to Robert Edwards or John Avery at the running back position.