Another whatif scenerio

keeping in mind that sask will probably lose their 2 games against cal.

If both BC and WPG play above 500 for the rest of the season, who is in most danger of falling out of the playoffs, based on play as late, and strength of schedule.

Sask or Tor.

Neither. Neither will win out, and Saskatchewan and Toronto will not lose out either. Those two teams will be fighting for the last playoff spot. I suspect BC will take it.

error - invalid input - rejected

If Winnipeg can string some wins together and win the season series against the Argo`s we might take third in the East. It depends, does TOR keep on imploding like it looks like it is? If so and Bombers step up we could conceivably get third and not be fighting for a crossover. I don't see us making a run at HAM as I think their going to get better as the season progresses.

As for BC, and SSK that's a tough one. Rides have always found a way to bounce back. While they may be on a down swing right now how long will the slump last? I think not too long and the game against CAL this week will go a long way to decide.

What if ... BC loses next 2 games and Wally fires himself going to Edmonton to replace the fired Ritchie Hall. BC in despartation hires DM to be HC and GM. :lol: :lol:

And wins the Grey Cup as no Eastern team crosses over this year.

it is not inceivable that BC overtakes sask if sask falls into a slide.

it is not inceivable that wpg over takes toronto

that would leave sask and tor fighting for the last playoff spot.

Those are a lot of ifs. I personally don't think Sask is going to lose both games to Calgary, so in my view your whole premise is broken.

that and BC also plays calgary 2 times. but stil....

we will win the last game, because

A: it will be a mean nothing game for Calgary

B: Saskatchewan will see it as a way to get into the playoffs on a high note.

So if you guys beat them twice and we beat them twice ... :wink:

Sorry FYB... if you think there is really any chance of BC fighting for second with Sask. you're dreaming. As much as I'd love to see it happen and as much as anything can happen in this league, the odds are probably 1000 to 1 at this point.

The reality of it is that Sask is 6 points up and have won the season series against us. So we need to win 4 more games than they do down the stretch. I can not see us winning out the season, which means Sask needs to go at best 3-5. Considering they play Edm, Tor and Ham. twice each, I think there are their 3 wins... if not more.

The only fight for position the Lions have is against 4th in the East.

Saskatchewan would have to go into a complete tailspin, because they still have 3 more wins than either Winnipeg or BC with 8 games remaining. Also Saskatchewan has the season series over BC, so BC would have to win outright. If they were 4-6, I'd say there's a good shot. But 3-7 is going to be difficult.

Although it's not inconceivable. The 2005 BC Lions started the season 11-0 and everybody was talking about whether or not they could complete the perfect season. They ended losing all but one of their last 7 games to finish 12-6.

Hmmm... you are making quite the assumption there... how many thought that the Eskimos would beat Sask three weeks ago? If you saw Big Dave's VGCC, not many... Sask may not win on Friday, but a month down the line could be very different. Calgary won't finish the season 17-1 they will have a couple of bad games between now and the end of the season.

yeah, but hopefully those be against the lions :wink:

If both BC and WPG play above 500 for the rest of the season, who is in most danger of falling out of the playoffs, based on play as late, and strength of schedule.

Sask or Tor.

BC Lions planning the Cup Parade route already? Your wild predictions have been brought to the attention of Karma and she was not amused :cowboy:

BC’s 2 games against Winnipeg will determine in my opinion who gets the last playoff spot.

sure looks that way.

Sask or Tor.

I'll take - none of the above :cowboy:

Well,now that both Edmonton and B.C. are 5-10, it's going to come down to the last game of the season.