another sponsor support question

if an american company sponsers the league, or your team, vs a canadian company that doesnt, where do you shop.

For instance, say home depot sponsered cfl and rona did not.

Well, I don't believe Wendy's is a Canadian company. It was founded in Ohio, and its headquarters are there.

Edit: Molson isn't entirely Canadian, either. Molson Canadian is a Canadian division, but it's owned by an American company.

But to answer the question... I don't think it matters that much, as long as the jobs are in Canada. If Canadians are being employed, and money is being put into the Canadian economy, I don't see an issue. I'm a proud Canadian, but I'm not a protectionist...

I go to the CFL sponsor.

I don't know that I even think about supporting a sponsor. I guess I would just go to whichever store I liked better.

I've never really worried about shopping at an American or Canadian store. It's nice to have a company that is totally Canadian owned but it's rare. Even Tim's which basically is Canada is owned by an American company.

I know Chapters/Indigo is totally Canadian owned and Operated. Which other companies can you think of that are?

Actually, Tim Horton's is Canadian again.

Actually, this is wrong. From Wikipedia:

"The company's binational nature has caused several sources in both the U.S. and Canada to claim the company is now controlled by interests in the other country.[3][4] In fact, while the company is nominally incorporated in the United States, [5] the company is traded on stock exchanges in both countries, [6] and control is equally shared between the Molson and Coors families.[7] The company is headquartered in Montreal, QC and Denver, CO."

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molson_Coors_Brewing_Company]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molson_Coo ... ng_Company[/url]

Wendy's stores are actually franchises. So they are independently owned, which means that most of the profits stay in Canada.

Really? I didn't know. Have they improved again? It was going downhill and the donuts were starting to taste cheap. I've been out of Canada for a year and didn't bother going to Tim's when I got home.

...not to mention the craptacular service. Not sure what it's like in your neck of the woods, but here, Tim Horton's is the bottom of the barrel for coffee shops, in my opinion. I'm tired of it. I have no problem paying more for proper service, and now and go to independent coffee shops to get a superior cup of coffee with friendly (and far more intelligent) people working there. I'd rather pay more and get my order done properly than pay less and have a bunch of idiots screw up my very basic order for the umpteenth time.

It was in the news a little while ago. They were filing papers to make the company Canadian again. Personally, I’ve never had a problem with Tim Horton’s before.

I just found Tim's was better when they did all the baking in store rather than par baking all the donuts. I think that's probably inevitable no matter what country owns it though.

I remember the last time I went for a breakfast at Tims and asked for the BLT bagel without the tomato and they told me they didn't think they would be able to do that. I also don't think what country it was out of mattered in this case.

...I know Tim Hortons ( named after one helluva Leaf defenceman, a Canadian who started the business) just opened a franchise in New York..IF they are par-cooking anything down there ..i doubt they'll survive...There is some awesome home cooked donught and coffee joints in the excited states...tough competition.. :wink:

Personally I go with Canadian companies but being a CFL sponsor is a plus, so Wendy's get a my money but also so does Harvey's. It would be awesome if Harvey's was a sponsor, a Canadian company with best burgers of any fastfood chain.

Man I love Harvey's burgers. I even daydream about 'em from time to time. I used to work for an agency on Eglinton avenue in Toronto, and Harvey's was a staple for lunch. Nowadays, given my slower metabolism, I'd have to run 8 miles a day to burn off one those LOL

I couldn't find any Wiser's or Gibson's, so I bought a bottle of Crown Royal. It's pretty tasty firewater!