Another import at WR? Can we loan someone?

In the coming days it might be interesting to see if we can add some insurance at import wideout. Any reasonable suggestions? Furthermore, would a loan, similar to Brain Walling in 1989, be entertained by any clubs in this generation?

Kel

Id like to see Jason Armstead waived and brought back with compensation for Hamilton tendered in the offseason.

Kel

Armstead wanted out, he got his wish, no way he's coming back

He didn't just want out..he actually had meetings with the coaches because he didn't feel he was being used to his full potential which he wasn't. The coaches decided they were not going to change his role so they traded him to a team where he would get more of an opportunity. He did not just want to leave. He didn't feel he was helping the team enough. A guy like Burris wanted out, he was given every opportunity and turned it down. Big difference.

^^^
Biggest misconception of 2007 Season.

Lets stop arguing here peeps and think about any ‘loan’ possibilties that may or may not exist. I was saying J.A. because of his ability to play boundary and his obvious familiarity with our system. Has anyone heard of a ‘loan’ situation since Brian Walling(EE) was lent to the Riders in 1989? Does anyone know the terms of that loan?

Kel

From what I remember it was a trade and then Walling became a free agent at the end of the season and went back to Edmonton. Can't remember who the Riders gave up.

It's too late in the year for any new receiver to have time to learn the playbook and get comfortable with the offense.

I say we just go with the guys that are on the roster and practice roster, as they should already be mostly familiar with the team and playbook.

I assume we wil get a look at Vincent Marshall.
And that Kahlil Hill will maybe start.
Then we do have a couple of other guys floating around.

A "loan" since Brian Walling?
You mean like Comiskey and Davis in Edmonton in 2005?
The league has actually tightened up the rules in this area, so I don't believe you will see anything happen.

I don't remember much about the Walling "deal" except that it came back to bite the 16-2 'Smoes in the butt big time!!

That was soo brutal, that trade

Why would you need another reciever? Micheal Palmer looked very good last game.

Although Im not sure, I am 98.5% sure it WASNT a trade. Trades had a deadline even back then and we acquired him with less than a few weeks remaining in the season.

Kel

Hey its just a thought man. Of course we are going with what we have right now, but who steps in if (God forbid) another guy goes down in the cold? With the season of goodwill on the horizon and the league begging for some good publicity, it might do everyone some good.

Who said anyone new? I'd suggest a couple of guys who ARE familiar with the offence in Armstead or French. These guys have no further obligations this season after the weekend, and only stand to gain a paycheque and who knows what else. How about any non-current players from the 06' seasons of Toronto(Austin) or Winnipeg(Miller)? There has to be some familiarity there. Since I dont know these guys Id hope K.A. or K.M. could think of them.

As for what kind of arrangment could be made i could only guess. Perhaps the Ti-Cats release a player, providing he agrees, and we sign him to a contract for the playoffs. They could re-sign him in the offseason, and maybe we could compensate the Cats with cash, a late 08' draft pick, a future draft pick, a player deemed expendable or any combination of the above.

How about any non-current players from the 06' seasons of Toronto(Austin) or Winnipeg(Miller)? There has to be some familiarity there. Since I dont know these guys Id hope K.A. or K.M. could think of them. Does Joseph have a brother(just kidding)?

Im sure you'll be just as quick to rule these suggestions out. But we sure are lucky the mgmt. didnt in 89'. Imagine, if you will, stumbling short of the finish line. I'd hate to be that team.

Kel