Another great classic game featuring everybody's favorite, the REN-EH-GADES

Just finished watching Joe Paopao, Kerry Joseph and the RENEGADES exciting come back win in OT over Done Mathews ALS. July 1, 2005

I sure do miss the RENEGADES.

1 Like

A better team name than the RedBlacks, that's for sure.

Should have called them the REDAGADES or perhaps the RENTABLACKS :grinning:

1 Like

Between the RedBlacks and the unnecessarily pluralized Elks (JFC, did no one bother to check to see if the plural for Elk was in fact ... just Elk, before committing to the name?), the league hasn't been on a roll with team names recently.

1 Like

There is still one Rough Rider available.

I'm not sure myself I've heard some say it's Elk and others say it's Elks .
Nonetheless for what it matters I prefer the plural sound of Elks . It just sounds better to the ear and more correct to me .

Hey while I 've got you here on an off topic subject , are you still a mod or have you given it up ? The reason I ask is that I noticed that you no longer have the mod shield designation after your name on your posts . :thinking:

Hey bobo. You are correct: I am no longer a moderator. A voluntary resignation on my part, with absolutely no ill will. I wasn't pushed out; I chose to leave. Don't let them tell you that my pro-Als propaganda led to my untimely firing. :wink: :slight_smile: :grin:

1 Like

But our Benevolent Dictator Khari Jones decrees that peaceful, freedom-loving Alouettes will destroy all competition in CFL this year. :smiley:

Good to know and interesting as well .

Oh and just for the record ? just in case anybody asks ? the answer is a big fat NO !!! I am not looking for a job as a moderator :laughing: especially on this site dealing with all the whackos (of which I include myself in that category ) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Don’t know if it is permitted, but does that mean that you are going to change your handle? Something like “Discipline and Be Punished” now that you are one of us.

Ha! I've had this handle on this forum for 17 years, so I don't see myself changing it now. Don't worry; there's never been any shortage of members wanting to line up and punch me in the face. :smiley:

1 Like

I was mildly surprised to learn that you moderated this forum from Atlanta. The wonders of technology!

Most of the few relatives I have in North America reside in the US, mostly Chicago, a city I love. My oldest cousin resides in Peachtree City, which I understand is a suburb of Atlanta. For several months he has hosted a monthly family video chat and he sometimes tells us about the area. I have an open invitation to visit him there and would like to one day. I’ve never been to Atlanta and area. I take it that you are happy living there. The weather must be pretty good. Can you get me Masters tickets? :smiley:

1 Like

Should be renamed the RodBlacks

1 Like

The weather is great, in that I don't need to deal with Canadian winters ever again! The summers are long, hot, and humid, but you can be indoors with AC and not feel it that much.

Atlanta's a great city. Not without its problems, of course, but we've been here almost eight years and I call it home now. Great food too. If you ever stop by, check out Fox Brothers BBQ and get the brisket. It will change your life! :smiley:

1 Like

I thought the plural for elk was elk. Like moose.
Elks sounds wierd to me.

2 Likes

Your handle is appropriate for football.
Maybe “Slap and Tickle” if this was sarcastiball.

1 Like