Another example of being the league favourites

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/news_story/?ID=172443&hubname=

The league handed down a decision in regards to the hit that knocked Spurgeon Wynn out of action for awhile. I was surprised that this happened. But at the same time it is another example of the Argos screaming blue murder and getting other teams penalized as a result.

guess you forgot that winnipeg complained abouy clifford ivorys hit a couple weeks ago and got ivory suspended for one game. i guess if that hit happened to either maas or eakin you wouldnt want hamilton to complain

I haven't forgotten about the hits that were cheap on Maas or even Danny Mac for that matter from different players that seem to get shoved under the rug and never get any second glances but two days after the game the league looks into this situation and two guys get nailed on it. All I am saying is that Hamilton always seems to get the short end of the stick when it comes to alot of things.

cough AJ Gass cough

There is no way a suspension or fine should be handed out over that hit.

agreed.

Hitchcock...

But at the same time it is another example of the Argos screaming blue murder and getting other teams penalized as a result.
Agreed we usually get the short end of the penalty/decisions stick.

There were at least 2 blatant, similar situations last year that were ignored by the on-field officials and the League.

In a game vs Argos, a blitzing player (Bonner?) hit McManus (coming from his right) helmet-to-helmet and knocked him out of the game. No penalty and no follow up by the League.

Worst uncalled play was the Gass hit, again helmet-to-helmet (under McManus's chin), and again knocking him out of the game.

Gass was shown on TV sitting at the dugout laughing and "replaying" the hit (his fist to his jaw) but the League did nothing.

Even this year, Maas has been hit a few times in a questionable manner with no calls. (helmet-to-helmet and the late 2 player hit vs Calgary).

Appears to be 2 sets of rules by the officials and the League :frowning:

Also agree with Crash.

NO KIDDING!

Beg to differ. Shultz was obviously decent about it, but hits to the head - intentional or not - are illegal.

To me, this isn't about the Argos getting their way. This is about protecting the QBs.

How would we feel if Maas (or Eakin) were on the receiving end of that hit?

ty-pex, it’s not that we wouldn’t be calling for a suspension (though, that hit wasn’t deserving of one) it’s that the offender wouldn’t get one, because it’s Hamilton. They HAVE to protect Toronto to look “good”…The CFL is incredibly biased.

you know if the hit was the other way around and a toronto defensive player hit kerry joesph the same way, the same people here saying it isnt worth a suspension would be saying it deserves a suspension or fine or both

No, we wouldn't, some of us would, but the majority of us can look past the fact that the player is an argo, and watch the hit to see if it was clean or not. I'll admit that the hit wasn't clean, but it wasn't dirty, and it wasn't intentional, you cant suspend a guy for that.

I think Mr. Wynne should do up his helmet a little tighter and also he is new to being a starter compared to Allen and he doesn't seem to like to run either. As far as the league looking out for the Argos they don't need that, they all ready looked bad enough by signing Williams!!!

The hit on Spurgeon was entirely "clean" in my opinion. The Argo OLine broke down entirely, and the D guys came tearing in...you cannot blame, penalise or suspend them for that!

Its a part of the game! Note that the Sask player went to Pinball after the game and asked how Spurgeon was, there was no effort to cause an injury.

(There are countless samples of willful attempt to injure from other teams)

Lets get over this.

I'd love to "get over this" too. But when I read this, I just have to comment.

The Argo OLine broke down entirely, and the D guys came tearing in...you cannot blame, penalise or suspend them for that!

The question to suspend, blame or penalize has nothing to with an O-Line looking like swiss cheese or how fast 3 Sask defenders get in. What is up for debate is a helmet to helmet hit on a QB.

(God forbid the Ticat O-Line breaks down and defenders get in quick on a Hamilton QB, you make it sound like it should be open season at that point) :stuck_out_tongue: