Another Annoying Half-Time Show

Maybe the CFL should study what true fans want to hear at half time. It certainly isn't the crap we've been subjected to for the past two years.
Any one at head office hear of Rush???

I agree that was horrendous.

I was not Familiar with Ms. Furtado's music before tonight. After that performance I can say for sure that I will never invest any of my money in her material.

I not impressed at all. Maybe I'm just too old to appreciate that, I don't know.

I think a band of Jimi Hendrix, George Harrison, John Lennon, John Entwistle and Keith Moon would have shown more life, been far more exciting than whatever that was.

I think a band of Jimi Hendrix, George Harrison, John Lennon, John Entwistle and Keith Moon would have shown more life, been far more exciting than whatever that was.

These Grey Cup Half Time Shows just keep getting worse. Janet jackson next year, maybe?

The CFL: where the only “true fans” are over the age of 40.

While I agree that Nelly Furtado would probably not be the 1st choice for 1/2 time entertainment for most of us, I have to tell you that my nephews and nieces (aged 11-14) loved it. And they stuck around for most of the game as well. Maybe it'll be effective in helping to attract younger fans. As it was, it was a good chance for me to go to the fridge.

Guys, I think we are showing our age. :frowning:

An Argo fan

While I was likewise unimpressed with Ms Furtado, I can accept that the League is attempting to attract young viewers, which old f*rts like us do not qualify to be…

I WAS impressed with the CBC’s involvement with and to the guys and gals in the CF on foreign service, and so did appreciate both the pregame and presentation ceremonies. I enjoyed both the Snowbird’s flying star and the CF18 “afterburner” thing, let alone 2 Patricia’s and Fort Garry Horse participation, and the flashes to Afghanistan and the ships in the lead up program.

If the League is trying to attract younger viewers, they are probably better off getting Nellie F to do the show, rather than our much beloved Neil Young or BTO to attempt a bilingual “O Canada” anthem…

My thoughts only…“Nellie” is less of a “head banger” musician than a lot of the others out there and “popular” today…not a bad performance while I restocked my chair with chili, nacho’s and beer…

Nelly Furtado was picked because she'd be good for beer and hot dog sales.

I actually don’t mind Furtado, but it was awful. Maybe some dog races or the Burlington Orchestra (or whatever they’re called) should be out there for 30 minutes.

lol

Hey guys,

I didnt mind the music/performance, but how long will it take the CFL to realize that they've got to put a direct feed from the artists microphone to the TV Stations? The music and even the commentators at times didnt sound that great on my TV. (O and for anyone about 2 suggest I get a new TV...its a 52" HDTV Hitachi no more than 2 yrs old;))

Mike

I think the Tragically Hip should play every year from now on. Why take chances?

Yea , because they did such a good job last time. :roll: :roll:

I wonder how many that hated Furtado couldn't have written their criticism sixteen weeks ago, long before they saw her perform. The middle song was a massive hit this year, and performed well enough, but if you don't like today's pop music there's probably nothing she could have done that would have satisfied you.

If rumour is true, the classic rock crowd will get theirs next year, when it's been written that the Stones will do the show in Toronto. They'll likely sleepwalk through a slightly-speeded up Satisfaction for the 4 trillionth time and then play any one of the forgetable singles that make up their past 25 years of work. To each their own, I guess.

Thank you, ExPat. The CFL is trying to stay current in terms of half-time shows. I wasn’t thrilled with the Black Eyed Peas last year, but I really enjoyed Nelly Furtado. I seriously think it wouldn’t matter who the CFL had on the half-time show, you guys would complain because you need to be able to b*tch about something.

I did't even Bother to watch the Grey Cup..

Thought the game would be a Snoozer..

the CFL picks from what we are being force fed by record companies. I can go down to the local bar and find better material being played by independant artists. Unfortunately money talks and we get what is promoted even though it may not be great.

The CFL: where the only "true fans" are over the age of 40.
LOL ... that about SUMS it up ...

My personal opinion says the show was CANDY for my eyes, and a BITTER pill for my ears … but I still think Furtado was a great selection for all those “attract the young crowd” reasons already suggested.

Peace.

P.S Regarding the following …

I did't even Bother to watch the Grey Cup..

Thought the game would be a Snoozer…

How much worse could it POSSIBLY have been when COMPARED to the horrible football you watched at IWS this season ?

Yes, once again the sweetheart who sang the anthem was better than the entire half-time.
And what's with Nellie Furtaco? She's bigger everytime I see her, in five years she'll be singing as the ethnic Rita McNeil.

"Real fans" are flipping burgers, re-stocking the cooler with ice, and tending to other biological necessities at half time. If the younger generation thinks these shows are cool and they stick around to watch the game then we should all be happy.