"Anonymous Scouts" Rank Each Team's NI Talent

Winnipeg fish wrap had an interesting breakdown of NI talent rankings from "anonymous CFL scouts". This is the order of their overall rank by team NIs. Followed by my comments, of course.

SASKATCHEWAN:
Getzlaf
Heenan
LaBatte
Best
WIlliams
Shologan
Milo
Neufeld
Picard
Butler
Hard to argue with the Riders being among the top NI groups. These guys are still young and entering their prime.

CALGARY:
Cornish
Paredes
Tsoumpas
Fraser
Maver
Mace
Wilson
Deane
Forzani
Gott
More top end talent on the Stamps, but having two kickers as part of their Top 10 NIs lowers their grade for me.

MONTREAL:
Bourke
Emry
Whyte
Flory
Brodeur-Jourdain
Lavoie
Woodruff
Brouillette
Carter
I'd put Montreal ahead of Calgary because of the depth of quality they have.

WINNIPEG:
Muamba
Morley
Logan
Watson
Palardy
Greaves
Sorensen
Poblah
Renaud
Labbe
When a team's picking at the top of the draft more often than not, it should accumulate NI talent almost by default. Unless of course, Joe Mack is the GM.

HAMILTON:
Fantuz
Giguere
Congi
Dyakowski
Stala
Hage
Bartel
Hage
Beswick
Bucknor
Eiben
No idea how anybody could put Hamilton's NIs ahead of either BC or Edmonton. Weak NIs are one of Hamilton's biggest problems.

LIONS:
Harris
McCallum
Muamba
Gore
Iannuzzi
Foster
Yurichuk
Lumbala
Norman
Westerman
Much better than this ranking gives credit for.

TORONTO:
Durie
W Smith
Van Zeyl
T Black
Bradwell
Keeping
Prefontaine
Watt
Parenteau
M Black
Considering how often Toronto either trades away their top picks or wastes them on guys headed to the NFL, it's no surpsise how brutal their NI talent is. Other than Durie, there's nobody on this list that would start for any other team.

EDMONTON:
Laurent
Rottier
Shaw
Wojt
Alexander
Chambers
Coehoorn
Oramasionwu
Messam
Miller
Seriously? A joke to see this considered to be the worst NI group. If I'm Toronto, Hamilton or Winnipeg I'd trade 10 for 10 with Edmonton in a heartbeat.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spo...176075371.html

Hard to believe they left Angus Reid off the non-import list for BC. Yes, a grey beard and not physically gifted by any means, but there's not a defensive formation he hasn't seen before which is invaluable for calling protection at the LOS (witness the 8 sacks surrendered when the club rested him last game) and was a CFL All-Star last year!

Jon Hameister-Ries is the team's best non-import O-lineman and did not make the list either (chronic injuries though may cut his career short). Would put those two on the list and take Foster and Yurichuk off.

BTW, Shawn Gore will be a star in this league if he doesn't fly south for an NFL tryout.

What's the approximate ratio between CIS trained and NCAA trained NI CFL players.

Yes, I am aware that google exists, but it's nice to get the info with a little insight from the diehards. Thanks.

Here is a link to the actual rankings

[url=http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/the-secret-of-their-success-176075371.html]http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports ... 75371.html[/url]

Many omissions from the Montreal list: Bekasiak, Adebayo, Ihekwoaba, Deslauriers, Mullinder, Dublanko, Townsend (one of the top ST tacklers in the league), Pall

Which includes the criteria for how the players were ranked on each team.