Annoying TV Interviews while the game is on

Everyone has their wall of fame/wall of honor whatever. Halftime is a good time for interviews…not while the game is on.
Most TSN on air guys can’t even follow the game when they aren’t distracted. So glad I can go to radio calls, even though they are delayed you actually get play call, and know why the ball moved 20 yards while they were in commercial break…

2 Likes

1/16th of the time… Interview lasted 2 days

And did a player get ejected??

Bad block on a punt return…

But there was a misconduct foul during the interview, don’t know who it was on though…

1 Like

It was as if the game got in the way of the interview.

I like Danny but that was really bizarre ….. they literally ditched the game completely for that interview which was clearly not planned

All we saw as a flag fly and they cut away

1 Like

That’s always the problem. I watch the occasional classic game on ESPN Classic and the interviews etc. all happened at halftime. They never cut to the booth for shots of the crew calling the games and they never wandered off the topic of the game in front of them.
Now it’s like they all have ADHD…hey look a squirrel…cut to the booth, sideline interview, hockey game and what was it we were covering…oh yeah football…

3 Likes

Upon further review... These interviews are verbal diarrhea!

1 Like

Add one extra tv time out and do that all important interview that has been pre-recorded and edited for time. Easily done with the technology of today that an 8-year-old can easily cut and edit a movie or sound bit on a 200 dollar computer or phone. TSN should easily be able to do this .

1 Like

Or have them recorded and ready to roll to fill up the dead time during a challenge/review.

1 Like

The only positive about planting a guy in the booth is it reduces the number of play description errors, which have become epidemic to the TSN broadcasts. Guys routinely missing player numbers, no research or pre-game research, etc. And when guys are being carted off on a portion of the screen - the announcers fall silent because the player’s number is on his back - and the injured player is on his back.
Happened a couple too many times during the Bomber/Elk game - - - - - and of course, Old Glenny was back to his usual tricks, this time with an inexplicable fascination with the “SPIDER CAM”

that works too but some reviews only last a scant few seconds, some much longer …also some injured players on the field but most fans would want to see the injured player either get up and walk off or get carted off so that might not work for injuries.
in any case there are far better options than what TSN is currently doing that make more sense for the fans

1 Like

I was at the game and did not see or hear the TSN broadcast, I like in game interviews But, stop talking while the ball is in play ! Also TSN related - Please Stop killing the flow of the game because TSN is on a commercial ! I brought guests who is a new immigrants from Europe and they said the game was interesting but for the long long long delays because of TSN commercials, this is completely unfair to the Players and the paying fans in the stands , The CFL brass needs to reign in TSN or find another broadcaster !

1 Like

while I agree 100%, the TV timeout will always take precedence over the live game experience.

TSN/Bell pays the CFL a large amount (millions) for exclusive broadcast rights. So they are forced to overload their broadcasts with an incredible amount of commercials & sponsorship packages.
The Sales Dept. is good at their jobs.
TSN's production, direction & announcing should only be as good.

1 Like

Let’s be honest, the CFL show be down on there hands and knees kissing there you no what, for broadcasting there games. Without them the league would be in a worse position

Agreed that CFL is beholden to TSN due to dollars the cable guy infuses the league with. But that shouldn’t mean lazy & sloppy broadcasts of games.
Watching NFL Network from London this a.m. (GB vs. NYG) and the announcers are amazing but focusing mostly on the game at hand. Obviously, NFL production, camera-work & directions vastly superior to 99% of CFL product.

I think that TSN has done well for themselves in the deal as well.

But the CFL made their bed when they turned a cold shoulder to other broadcasters.

I think it will be interesting to see where the Genius Sports parntership takes broadcasts over the next few years. That might signal a shift away from TSN exclusivity.

1 Like

We don’t bother with TSN anymore. As a consumer you have to pay to have TSN in your package deal with your tv service provider. Total waste of our hard earned money. We listen to all games on radio. Check CFL website choose a radio station to tune into games. Local broadcasters are soooo much better than TSN any day of week!
Sad that Cdn tv stations will carry only NFL and won’t join together to carry CFL.

The contract with TSN is almost up so CFL could approach Global or CBC to see if they’d pick up CFL contract. OR, OR, OR, go big and set up their own broadcasting station like NFL does, then go after sponsors to help pay for it. THINK BIG.

1 Like

Good luck with that.

And for the love of God, what is TSN's obsession with country music?

4 Likes