Anderson Gone!!!

Yay!!

Edmonton released Wiltshire i'd love to see him back with us!

With Anderson gone is Popp going to make a big move?

Anderson gone is the big move. Maybe well get a receiver that has the time of day to catch passes

maybe making cap space for when cavil or copeland become free?

Man, I hope Copeland would come back..I can take my dusty jersey back out of the closet!

Unless we get a good receiver, it's not a good deal for me. I think Thyron has the potential to be the best receiver in the league, but his attitude and work ethic are just plain wrong.

And those are two things you cant coach. You can teach someone where to be on the field, how to read eyes, how to catch a pass. You cant teach someone to want to work hard

You're right. But he has only done it for this 1 season. You can't tell me it's all Anderson's fault that the Offence struggled this year. He has had good seasons with Montreal, that 1,000 yard season was no fluke in my opinion. Even though the opposing teams were double covering Cahoon and Copeland, Anderson still had the heart to make plays happen.

I'm not making excuses for the guy, I personally was frustrated with him during the season, but we released Edwards and traded Anderson, I hope they get somebody, because if we don't we struggled enough last season, then we lost 2 guys with great talent.

But, I guess when you're Popp, and with the money Anderson is making, you can't take a chance with that.

Anderson got 1000 yards that season because we had three other 1000-yard receivers and he benefited from almost no coverage. He's never made a tough catch in traffic, never stretched out for a pass, never made something out of nothing, never helped his quarterback on a broken play. The guy is big and talented but has zero heart. Watkins, for all his shortcomings, is better as a wideout because he tries harder. Anderson is lazy, he never tries. Good riddance.

Time to move on…

So what we have at this point then is Watkins and Wilson wideouts, Cahoon and Stala at slot, and a lack of depth (has Girard retired or is he going to come back for another try?). Hope Popp comes up with a few gems out of US colleges to help us here.

I’d love to see either or both of Cavil and Copeland back with the Als, but if not Popp better find us some young speedsters.

Girard (sigh) is coming back for his option year, but he's a non-factor anyway. When he's not hurt, he's invisible because he never gets open. Popp has openly talked about wanting to acquire some speed and size at receiver, which leads me to think he's going to bring in some US college receivers at training camp to fight for roster spots. As I see it, only Cahoon's job is safe among the receivers, and that's as it should be.

Anderson was lazy... Nuff said. I am happy he is gone. If Popp traded him, its because he has a bunch of "unknown" receivers coming to camp who will do better. Popp is a master at finding talent. I would not be surprised if we had a brand new unknown receiver break out with the Als and get 1000 receiving yards next season.

Well here's hoping; two new receivers have been signed, along with a LB and another running back, Henri Childs, who was on Winnipeg's practise roster last season:

[url=http://en.montrealalouettes.com/index.php?module=newser&func=display&nid=15381]http://en.montrealalouettes.com/index.p ... &nid=15381[/url]

...And, Sylvain Girard has indeed joined Lapointe on the retired list:

[url=http://en.montrealalouettes.com/index.php?module=newser&func=display&nid=15385]http://en.montrealalouettes.com/index.p ... &nid=15385[/url]

I think thyron was the best WR or one of best the AL's had if you people know football. Thyron role on team was to get the other WR open and block.clear out route
for Ben. the only the thing thyron role was the deep ball . for 8 game thyron don't get a ball so what that tell me that the OC or POPP had a WR that he was't useing at GRAY CUP IT SHOWED that to WR can't win the game

If someone can translate that into plain English, please let me know.

I think I might be of some assistance here:

"I think thyron was the best WR or one of best the AL's had if you people know football. Thyron role on team was to get the other WR open and block.clear out route
for Ben. the only the thing thyron role was the deep ball . for 8 game thyron don't get a ball so what that tell me that the OC or POPP had a WR that he was't useing at GRAY CUP IT SHOWED that to WR can't win the game"

=

I think Thyron was the best wide receiver, or one of the best, the Als had. If you people knew football, you'd know that Thyron's role on the team was to help get the other receivers open and to block, to run clear out routes for Ben Cahoon. The only pure receiving role Thyron had was catching the deep ball. For eight games, Thyron didn't catch a single ball, and that tells me that the offensive coordinator, or Popp, had a receiver that he wasn't using, and at the Grey Cup it showed that throwing to the receivers couldn't win the game.