And you think it was bad in Hamilton

Athletes have a burning desire to compete but considering all the issues at this site the prudent move would be to stay home.

2 of our athletes have already pulled out and I would prefer that we NOT send a team. When their safety is at issue because of sub-par venues and living conditions it is just not worth it.

I love how the media refers to these countries as "emerging". To me all I see is a 3rd world country that is a cesspool. Wild dogs running free, crap in the athletes village, corruption and shoddy work, shanty towns for workers and their families, car bombs, shootings, bribery, kick backs.
Is anyone surprised by what is happening? I think not. Officials have got to stop trying to put a positive spin on it and call it what it is ---- a disaster and safety hazard just waiting to happen...Better not to go and cancel the whold thing. :roll:

yes and it makes me sick when we get Lefties in our country talking about the "Poverty Line" people living below the poverty line making less that 30k a year or something. They push for governments to increase welfare or baby bonus because they have come up with some complicated formula that says we have 1 in 5 kids living in poverty................lol

They just don't know what Poverty means unless they have been to a 3rd world country.

To me all I see is a 3rd world country that is a cesspool. Wild dogs running free, crap in the athletes village, corruption and shoddy work, shanty towns for workers and their families, car bombs, shootings, bribery, kick backs.
Sounds like Hess Village :wink:

(3 more people got stabbed there again last night) :o

Or like the west Mountain where a guy was shot by the cops after brandishing a knife on his front lawn and running into peoples’ houses…

Crazies everywhere.

and here we go again................these people just don't understand what POVERTY actually means.
sickening!!

[url=http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/261055--don-t-let-poverty-hold-us-back-cooke]http://www.thespec.com/news/local/artic ... back-cooke[/url]

Pretty shocking pics of empty stadiums at the Commonwealth Games in India. All that money spent on shiny new facilities when apparently they could have used the neighbourhood park and still had room for all the spectators.

[url]http://thestar.blogs.com/olympics/2010/10/free-tickets-for-games-great-idea-here-and-for-2015-pan-ams.html[/url]

And the righties have it all figured out. :lol: (Bush, Mulroney, Harper) :lol:

I don’t understand your post and I don’t think you do either.

We are not talking about the PM, Bush or federal politicians here, we are talking about the so called left wing “Poverty Groups? that lobby the government and try to tell people that they live in “Poverty? One of these groups writes a column in the spectator. “Living in Poverty in Hamilton?
My sister was a single parent trying to raise two kids, she did alright but according to their figures she lives in “Poverty? My mother was trying to live on a government pension but according to their figures she lives in “Poverty? If I told my mother or sister that they lived in “Poverty? they would laugh at me and say “Do you know what poverty is? they did fairly well on what they had.

I was trying to say that if you go to India or 3rd World Countries – that is “Poverty?
We just don’t know what poverty is in this country – but the lefties want us to think there is.

By the way I should tell you that Bush has been gone for a couple of years now - and Mulroney was not on the Right (check out his politics) and he was our PM around Twenty Years ago…

Didn't mean to focus on your long time hero's, even if these righties have been gone for a while now the odor lingers on. Mulroney was in court again last year for some shady deals and we all know damage Bush has caused not only the American people but the world. Are you sure its me that doesn't understand good fan.

Obama is not much better my friend … and if Mulrouney or however you spell his name was so bad why did we keep re-electing him over and over until he resigned … Bush may very well still be in there if his terms were not limited … and can even go to the ontario premier mcguinty … apparently everyone thought he was so bad yet RE-ELECTED funny how that works huh
and Harper …same thing … go figure