And... THEY'RE OFF! (NFL Cuts)

CFL Talent Scouts are hard at work today with the first big round of NFL cuts hitting the meat market. What's on YOUR wish list? Personally I wanna new 'Stove'.

Come to Papa!!! :partying_face:

"The 2022 NFL season is just around the corner. Before then, however, teams must finalize their rosters, whittling them down from their offseason capacity of 90 players. All 32 clubs are first required to reach an 85-man limit by Aug. 16, then cut down to 80 players on Aug. 23. Finally, teams must finalize 53-man rosters on Aug. 30, the Tuesday after the final preseason games, in anticipation of Week 1."

2 Likes

Former CFL Kicker Lirim Hajrullahu was let go by Dallas.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/3158714/lirim-hajrullahu/

DE Chris Jones (6' 6" 310 lbs) was released by the Raiders. Maybe Edmonton's GM Chris Jones will bring him in thinking, "With a name like that he's GOTTA to be a wrecking ball."

Former Ottawa return guru WR DeVonte Dedmon was let loose by Miami:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/2137691/devonte-dedmon/

2 Likes

I believe Dedmon has already returned to Ottawa. Should be in the lineup this week.

:crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Some teams should pick up QBs before the XFL and USFL sign them

3 Likes

Agreed ... and I expect they will try ... but unless the team is willing to put the player on their roster so they can cash some (admittedly modest) game cheques I expect most QBs, and other players for that matter, will wait to see what happens with the XFL/USFL, knowing they would still be available for the 2023 CFL training camps if nothing works out.

1 Like

Who is making that trick pass?

1 Like

Well judging from the exterior of that huge building, the large deciduous trees in the background and the green shade of artificial turf beneath his feet, not to mention the colour of his hair and the plain tee shirt he's wearing... I'd have to say that the person making that trick pass is Elon Musk.

You're welcome! :grinning:

Looks like Brees

2 Likes

Fresh off the grill (Atlanta Falcons)... Canadian Receiver Brayden Lenius comes back north:

3 Likes

That guy doesn't look like a Bond(Le Chiffre) villain

2 Likes

Too tall for Brees and I can't find that distracting mole that he has on his face.

1 Like

No, it's Drew Brees alright, though I don't know how old, but it was before retirement and the new hair.

2 Likes

Just one of many reasons why he is my GOAT.

1 Like

how about the whole story

WATCH: Deadly accurate Drew Brees nails crazy trick shots, including a drop kick - CBSSports.com

2 Likes

Here are some other cut players who catch my eye, and I figure CFL scouts already too, yet hopefully they are waiting to pounce on these guys if they are unclaimed or cut again.

These are some of the names after going through the first half of the rolling list via the link at the top. These are all guys with some NFL game day experience who have been around for years yet are still football young.

2 Likes

So the final cuts are on Tuesday 30 August, and the link at the top will run updates until late.

Now with more than half of the CFL season over with many teams already having played 11 games, I have to wonder how many more players from the NFL would be ready for even the games in days following the games over Labour Day weekend?

2 Likes

A lot of former CFL talent is still up for grabs including...

4 Likes

It marked the third time this preseason that Streveler had entered a game with the Jets trailing in the second half. He delivered them the win in every outing.

“Streveler, I think he’s probably had one of the greatest preseasons in the history of football,” head coach Robert Saleh said post-game. “He’s been awesome. It made the decision to go for it at the end very easy knowing that the ball was in his hands and you just knew you were going to get it.”

1 Like

One of the main reasons I'm watching less and less boring NFL games every year. Used to watch almost everything available - now a pick 'n choose when I see Mahomes, Brady, Streveler, few others on the TV agenda. Don't go by NFL sideline or daytime cable shows - 99% of these guys are shilling for the NFL.

Hate whats happening to Streveler. Guy like that would be pancakes in Montreal but especially in his 2nd hometown of Winnipeg where he's more revered than most old Manitoba Premiers, Winnipeg Mayors & Police Chiefs.

3 Likes