And then there was speculation

Let's get the bring him here bandwagon rolling again

With the latest Edmonton releases

Please Recycle

I love how everyone in here was complaining about the release of Ticat players…Marcell was just doing the inevitable. He had no attachment, knew they wouldnt be here, so he cut them. Plus, its not like teams are signing up Vaughn and Cotton.

Cheatwood,Ranek and Eakin were picked up in a heart beat

Cheatwood,Ranek and Eakin were picked up in a heart beat
Cheatwood (0 sacks last year) and Ranek (do you play him over Holmes, Lumsden, or Anthony Davis) both had torn ACLs...

Eakin - 88 pass attempts, 2 TDs and 9 interceptions. enough said there

Looks like good drops to me

But DJ Flick- :?

But DJ Flick- Confused
Ture DJ did have a touchdown last year

You seem to forget the passing game from last year. Hamilton played a QB that was seriously hurt and wasn't accurate over ten yards. You are quick to point out one year and forget the others. How conveniant of you!!!

lol i wanna laugh but.. it was dj's fault or many of the players in fact. the coaches were awful and didnt know how to creat a Team attitude on the feild.. every1 was playing for indiviual purposes. all year the were fighting for a position(not to mention the QB was horrible)

The Fact was Offence Play Calling was Awful.
The Coach was Awful ..
A lot Players Attitudes where Awful

There where a Few Players who where at Least Giving an Effort George Hudson DJ Flick Pascal.

Of Course their where Other players who didn't give much of an a Effort.

i just wanna add 2 more names to the catagory of giving 110% even after they were kicked once on the ground. Tay Cody, Jojuan Armour

those guys ply intense and dont seem to slow dont during games at all, tanks never at empty, n i hope to see armour back here afer his little law trouble in cinci,

You seem to forget the passing game from last year. Hamilton played a QB that was seriously hurt and wasn't accurate over ten yards. You are quick to point out one year and forget the others. How conveniant of you!!!
I was being alittle sarcastic...but there is alittle truth in that as well. I like Flick, think he is a decent CFL receiver but for a guy that had one touchdown and wouldnt renegoitate (not saying he had too), he had to be cut or traded. Simple as that.

hmmm... i uno dj to me is an awsum dude he a down the feild receiver and last year we had a QB who threw ducks 10 yards.. and i mean 10 yards if he got lucky.. dj. along with the rest of our receiver were not given there chance to shine like they have in previouse season due to our QB situation.. not bangin on Mass just stating him playing last year throguh an injury was kind of selfish. not to mention did we once have 2 games back to back with the same starting Oline?? that was a roller coaster ride where we didnt start having a set group of hunks up front that were starters.(until the end of the season it started to come together when Jonta came back)

Blitz21 I agree with you 100%. It was very hard for anyone to shine on last years team given all the changes, injuries, and coaching. I still think that trading DJ was a mistake and I hope that it comes back to haunt Desjardins.

I hope that it comes back to haunt Desjardins.
that is the dumbest thing that I have ever read on this forum...

yea, lets teach Marcel a lesson, that will teach him not to trade anyone.

Marcel, don't listen to the many idiots that post here otherwise guess what, you'll end up an idiot like them.
Oh man, why do I even come on this site, sometimes I wonder. :roll:

What opinion expressed in this thread is idiotic, Earl?

Unless your definition of an idiotic opinion
is any opinion that differs from yours,

I didn't see any opinions that were idiotic. :?

My favourite is Osbaldiston... why did we have to get rid of him, Marcel?

um... oh, yeah.... that was sarcastic.

I still think that trading DJ was a mistake and I hope that it comes back to haunt Desjardins.

Ron, the part about trading DJ was not idiotic, people can say this or that move was a mistake fine. But hoping that it comes back to haunt Desjardins, if you're a TiCat fan who wants the team to win assuming a Cat fan would want this, not unreasonable me thinks, is completely idiotic to say IMHO. You would think a fan of a team wouldn't hope that something comes back to haunt their GM since this would most likely mean that this isn't contributing to a better team. Just my opinion, that's all, maybe my idea of what makes sense is totally senseless, I'll admit it could be.

Regarding the 'I hope it comes back to haunt Desjarins' comment,
I see your point, being the diehard fan that you are Earl.

Mistake or not, trading fan favourite D.J. was tough to take.

Thanks Ron. And yes, I was a DJ fan also and agree, didn't sit totally well with me as a fan. But I have confidence in our leadership and our management wants to win as badly as anyone does. I give Bob Young a lot of credit or "experimenting" with some new ideas, great, but also getting rid of any experimental ideas that didn't seem to be working and admitting to it. :thup: