And So It Begins! Riders vs Alouettes Part II Cup Thread!

I think if you asked any coach on the QT if they would prefer to have a by and play at home against Toronto or play in BC and Calgary on the road, that 100 percent would choose Montreal’s path to the GC.

The only coach I’ve ever read say that it is a disadvantage to have less competition on the way to a championship game is Blake Nill current coach of the Dinos. He always felt the team that is more battle hardened has an advantage.

Of course it is only one factor. Montreal has a two hour time change to deal with, something the Riders don’t have to deal with, exposure to the cold wheater is also on the Riders side.

Good. Now if you can actually discuss the CFL, not the NFL, maybe your comment would be relevant to the discussion.

Agreed.
Both games this year were spectacular as well. Can’t wait!!!

Go Riders

Well Chief I cracked my 66 on the opening kick-off. Easily the best Crown Royal I’ve ever had. I think I’ll buy my wife’s Stampeder co-worker fan, a 26 of Vodka. He did lose the bet, but I’m feeling no pain, happy, slightly drunk and very generous at this moment.

I wonder if it would be a good idea to fly DD's dad to the GC!!!!! Screw the phone call someone get his ass on the sidelines!! lol Go Riders!

Think back to Canada Day's game between the Als and Riders. These two teams provided the most excitement all season. They deserve to be the teams showcasing their talents at the Grey Cup. The Riders are never out of a game. How they do it defies logic sometimes. And, A.C. , well you have to hand it to him - he gets it done again and again.

Riders Rule Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: 8) 8) 8) :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :cowboy: :cowboy: :thup:

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Ha,ha. When commenters made that comment, I said play Dimmwiddie for a play, get DD’s dad on the phone on the sideline, don’t wait for the half. I have to assume he’ll be coming anyways. Now get him on the sidelines for the game.

Congrats to both teams. Toronto had an excellent defense this year and Montreal (Calvillo) made them look like amateurs today. A complete domination. I thought Calgary would win but you never count out the Green Riders and they showed why today. I"am surprised a Hufnagel coached team was that careless..penalties and why wasn't Burris running? Unbelieveable! Not that it would of mattered and certainly full marks to the Riders. After Cleo Lemon's performance today maybe someone like Ricky Ray will be taking the first snaps from center in Toronto next year.
I know we are in for another Grey Cup classic and the heart says Regina but I think the Al's will take it, then again..read above.

Sorry, Chief. My bad. Shouldn’t have been so nasty. I do appreciate your point. Anything can happen. I just think that in a shortened playoff format (CFL style), the extra week off is huge not just to rest up but to get in full practices, add new wrinkles, tighten up fundamentals, etc.

Burris not running may have something to do with the fact that he's 35. Seriously, I don't think quite people realize that Henry is only three years younger than Calvillo. He's slowed down and is no longer the scrambler he was even two years ago. Yes, he still runs when the situation is right, but in 2010, he's no longer a guy who can consistently make something out of nothing on the ground. Durant is younger, quicker, and more athletic in terms of his scrambling ability.

Read the sig!

Gotta Love it… :smiley: