And now a message from the next government of Canada

“Now ‘pay equity’ has everything to do with pay and nothing to do with equity. It’s based on the vague notion of ‘equal pay for work of equal value,’ which is not the same as equal pay for the same job.”

• Stephen Harper, NCC Overview, Fall 1998

This party will not take its position based on public opinion polls. We will not take a stand based on focus groups. We will not take a stand based on phone-in shows or householder surveys or any other vagaries of pubic opinion… In my judgment Canada will eventually join with the allied coalition if war on Iraq comes to pass. The government will join, notwithstanding its failure to prepare, its neglect in co-operating with its allies, or its inability to contribute. In the end it will join out of the necessity created by a pattern of uncertainty and indecision. It will not join as a leader but unnoticed at the back of the parade."

• Stephen Harper indicating that, if elected, Canada will join the US occupation of Iraq, Hansard, January 29th 2003.

“I don’t know all the facts on Iraq, but I think we should work closely with the Americans.”

• Stephen Harper, Report Newsmagazine, March 25th 2002.

Withdraw from the Canada Pension Plan… Collect our own revenue from personal income tax… Resume provincial responsibility for health-care policy. If Ottawa objects to provincial policy, fight in the courts… [E]ach province should raise its own revenue for health… It is imperative to take the initiative, to build firewalls around Alberta… "

• Stephen Harper in an “Open letter to Ralph Klein,” January 24th 2001.

“It was probably not an appropriate term, but we support the war effort and believe we should be supporting our troops and our allies and be there with them doing everything necessary to win.”

• Stephen Harper supporting the US-lead war on Iraq, Montreal Gazette, April 2nd 2003. Harper also called then-Defence Minister John McCallum an “idiot.”

“Mr. Speaker, the issue of war requires moral leadership. We believe the government should stand by our troops, our friends and our allies and do everything necessary to support them right through to victory.”

• Stephen Harper, supporting the American invasion of Iraq, House of Commons, April 1, 2003.

“A culture of defeat…”

• Stephen Harper, describing the Atlantic provinces, May 2001.

You have to remember that west of Winnipeg the ridings the Liberals hold are dominated by people who are either recent Asian immigrants or recent migrants from Eastern Canada; people who live in ghettos and are not integrated into Western Canadian society."

• Conservative leader Stephen Harper, in Report Newsmagazine, 2001

It’s past time the feds scrapped the Canada Health Act."

• Stephen Harper, then Vice-President of the National Citizens Coalition, 1997.

Stockwell Day
Stockwell Day is perhaps the most experienced and most talented member on the Conservative front bench.

Stockwell is currently Foreign Affairs critic for the Conservative Party . When he was questioned as to why his party did not offer condolences to the Palestinians when Yasser Arafat died Stock responded by sending out a column by David Frum that speculated that Yasser died of AIDS.

“Women who become pregnant through rape or incest should not qualify for government-funded abortions unless their pregnancy is life-threatening.”

• Stockwell Day, 1995, at an Alberta Conservative party convention.

Rob Anders is the guy to reach out to Canada’s diverse multicultural communities.
“Nelson Mandela is a terrorist.�
Rob is a true reformer and a true conservative. He has been a faithful supporter of mine and I am grateful for his work.�

• Stephen Harper endorsing Calgary West Conservative MP Rob Anders

Vic Toews
Vic is the current Justice Critic and he takes the bull by the horns. He believes the notwithstanding clause should be used to override minority rights. He calls it the “ultimate tool� and so it is. The notwithstanding clause can be used to take away the rights of gay people to marry each other or the rights of the Chinese to drive. If you’re white and straight the chance of this being used against you are slim

Art Hanger
“Immigrants are choking welfare systems, contributing to high unemployment, and many cannot read.�

David Sweet
“There’s a particular reason why Jesus called men only. It’s not that women aren’t co-participators. It’s because Jesus knew women would naturally follow. Men, on the other hand, had to be called.â€?

Darrel
“I think every Christian’s under an obligation to change laws to reflect biblical values. Different Christians are going to try to change different laws, according to the call God gives them. You see Christians in all political parties. That reflects different understandings of what God’s call is to us. That’s a healthy thing. If the yeast congregates in one part of the loaf, it makes for pretty bad bread."
Garth Turner
“If you own Nortel, or a mutual fund holding it, don’t bail out now… If you do not own Nortel, then this is the time to start accumulating it.�

• Garth Turner, Conservative candidate (Halton) November 27th 2000 at the start of the stock’s plummet from $50 to pennies a share

Hidden agenda!!!
NAAAAAAA!

Good post

...now I don't want to start a political storm....but according to my astrological sign book....Stephen Harpers birthday falls on the same day as Adolph Hitlers....does this have any bearing on his politics....probably not...and probably isn't any food for thought... and who believes in astrology anyways... :wink:

ro, give it up

Give what up?
Everything posted is a quote from Harper and his minions.

Now that is what I call research, good job ro1313...and the best of luck to Canada come tuesday.

NOW IF THAT DOESN'T SCAR YOU TO DEATH, NOTHING WILL!!!

THAT RIGHT THERE SAY IT ALL!!!

Beware the Boogey Man is coming ha ha ha you guys are pathetic!

...Vic Toews...I believe represents a riding in WPG. ..I wonder how he sleeps at night.... probably with one eye open....knowing the NDP. are the present govt. in MAN. ..and far away from what Vics political philosophy is... :!:

red
That all you can come up with

It is true it seems many people are listening to stories from a lier! Wheres the money Ro? Tell me where did it go Camen Islands maybe!

Still no comment on the party policies huh?
From a liar huh
These are all things your party has said!
Ya come to thing of it that money is far more important than our right or sendind our kids to die for the americans or even health care!!!

So what are we up to?
30 million aledeged to have been redirected
50 million on the commission to show that Martian was innoent
And figure 50 million more on this electon for a total of 80 million wasted!!!!
Hey Looks like you win

Ro that is comical and sounds very desperate on your half. The problem with Canadian dying for Amercians is just a very sad statment. First of no one in their right mind would send troops to a battle with proper equipmnet the Liberals have done this and yes our brave soldiers have died because of the lack of support of the Liberal government. Under a Conservative banner this would not happen our role is peace keepers and nothing more. The support Harper was stating was that we should backup our neighbors nad closest economci partner morally and nothing more ) another Paul Martin moronic statment is the opposite) I can just see our soldiers in Iraq in their green uni's be targets and oh ya they would have to share an old antiquated rifle among them. This is absurd any one believing this other wise well where you if found t-shirt from KK. The problem Ro Paul Martin is saying thins with out knowing. He is the guy that are doing these things. It is truely sad that we have lost soldiers and a sailor because of stupid decisions. And one is to many. So your rant that with Haper our kids will be fighting wars is just a sad statment. Our troops are peace keepers nothing more. And under a conservative government our troops will have modern equipment to do their roles safely. Tell me Ro, do you expect armed troops to arrive in our cities on Tuesday after the election. Well this isa very sad ad that yes Paul Martin wanted to put on our TV's. Just plain pathetic, if any one votes for this clown then I guess you are not much better I believe IMO.

This wrong kid really. Every one in this country deserve rights regardless. It is that they should keep their sexual preference where it belongs in their bedrooms and nothing more. Gays do have a right in Canada and even with a free vote they will get this mandate. I do not agree with this practise but they are humans like you and I and desrve to be treated the same way.

This party will not take its position based on public opinion polls. We will not take a stand based on focus groups. We will not take a stand based on phone-in shows or householder surveys or any other vagaries of pubic opinion... In my judgment Canada will eventually join with the allied coalition if war on Iraq comes to pass. The government will join, notwithstanding its failure to prepare, its neglect in co-operating with its allies, or its inability to contribute. In the end it will join out of the necessity created by a pattern of uncertainty and indecision. It will not join as a leader but unnoticed at the back of the parade."

• Stephen Harper indicating that, if elected, Canada will join the US occupation of Iraq, Hansard, January 29th 2003.

occupation is not piece keeping!

"It was probably not an appropriate term, but we support the war effort and believe we should be supporting our troops and our allies and be there with them doing everything necessary to win."

• Stephen Harper supporting the US-lead war on Iraq, Montreal Gazette, April 2nd 2003. Harper also called then-Defence Minister John McCallum an "idiot."
    Peace keepers do not do everything necessay to win!

"Mr. Speaker, the issue of war requires moral leadership. We believe the government should stand by our troops, our friends and our allies and do everything necessary to support them right through to victory."

• Stephen Harper, supporting the American invasion of Iraq, House of Commons, April 1, 2003.

Peacekeepers to not support others to victory!
They keep the peace!

Keep telling youself your lies.
All the quotes I posted show what the man and his party stand for!!!!!

There is no need to call me desperate because I have already stated that they will win tomorrow!!!!

It may take a while but in the long run we will all lose!

Okay where does it say we will send troops to the trenches! I think you are very confused. The fact that we are in Afganistan does this not tell you that the Liberals are in fact doing the same thing. That is too funny. At least if our troops did peace keeping under a conservative government they would be equipped to protect themselves from harm. Oh ya and they would be dressed so that they are not GPS beacons. Really Ro, it is funny how you see things. Assuming is not the right thing to do.

you’re joking right!
Did you read the posts?
Na thats a stupid question!
If you have you would not have come up with such a ridiculous response

REally Ro you can believe anything you want and I think also the fact the statment was made in 2003 and also it is being taken out of context. You have the right to believe anything you wish that is your right. But have you noticed that Paul's scare tactics are getting that say old. And really how can anyone believe a liar. Finance minster and has no clue where $300,000,000 dollars went really ro. Iguess some of that money went to the TV ads such as armed troops in the cities whats with that ro, Paul wants to win at all costs even putting negative ads such as this is kust plain rediculous. And I guess people buy these stories don't they Ro.

even the US guys aren't equipped with the right armor, and AMERICA HAS A CONSEVATIVE GOVERMENT!!!

so if Canada does, how whole they be better equipped?

JC, where is the USSR when you need them?

What part dont you understand???
The quotes have nothing to do with Martin!
They are all documented statments that have been made by Harper and his crew? How can "We should do everythig nessary to support them to victory be taken out of context?
As for the 30 million you never aswered the question about your bosses?
I think you are the one now desperate to find any answer to squirm out of admitting the truth.
Dont worry about it. Tuesday is the dawn of a new era in Canada. You will soon see the real truth behind the Cons and I will be reminding you all the time

:wink: