an old coach

To all the CFL fans,
As I sit here in Summerville, South Carolina, (coaching High School football and loving every second of it) I just want to let you know how much I miss the CFL and it's great traditions it has embodied for so many years. After playing at Penn State (for a legend) as well as in the NFL for three years and then coaching on the college level (the States) for 20 years, my 4 year experience (too short) in the CFL ranks right up there with some of my fondest memeories. (Good times as well as bad times!). Having only eight teams in the league, the need to WIN NOW is always at a premium! I still stay up to date on all the games, as well as Forums, and the thing that upsets me the most is the negativism that is cast on some really good individuals who truly play and coach for the love of the game. Please remember these individuals are not paid the millions of dollars that their prima-donna counterparts(south of the border) are paid. I have played with as well as against players who are in the College and NFL football Hall of Fame, but some of them pale in comparison, character wise, to the some of the greats in the CFL ( Marwan Hage and Aaron Fiaconni, to name a few). The fans on the street, in both Hamilton as well as Edmonton, have been an inspiration to me because of their passion for the game. Please do not let those select few who have not been in the arena, those who have not shed the blood, sweat and tears, those who have not experienced the thrill of victory as well as agony of defeat, and, finally, those who have not been beyond the confines of their laptop, bring disrespect to the integrity of a great tradition, The Canadian Football League! With warm regards, Jeff Bleamerjeff bleamer

Private message Top

Thanks for the post Jeff; warm wishes towards the future and most importantly on what you have achieved in all your years being involved with football. Cheers